The Next Step......

Rushy

Reefing newb
Hi Guys

As some of you are aware (if you have followed my thread in Tank Showcase), my tank is now ready for inhabitants. The question I have really is - should I continue to condition my tank with the start up supplements (ie. Hagen Cycle) or should I now follow another regime or just simply rely on partial water changes, test and take action as required, depending on readings? Thanks as always :D

James has you coverd.
Just dont rush it.Add a small hardy fish,wait,watch,and test.Do 10% weekly water changes.If everything stays fairly stable,then add something else after 3 or 4 weeks.

Thanks for the advice Guys, I'm trying to be patient you know how it is :mrgreen:!! I guess like all things in life, it's best just to keep things simple!! I think that I may go and get some Blue/Green Chromis to start, and leave the Black Tomato Clown at the LFS for a few more weeks, just to err on the side of caution.

As this seems to be a theme for today, I thought I'd share my stocking list, any advice, comments appreciated as always!

3 Green/Blue Chromis
1 Black Tomato Clown (already reserved)
1 Lemonpeel Angel
1 Purple Firefish

In addition to my clean up crew already assembled, lots more Nassarius and a few more Astrea. I have a porcelain crab in there and would like to add a couple of shrimp, probably peppermints :D

I'd love to Dustin, but I think the tank (and my aquarium skills) probably need to mature for a while first before I try something like that. Unless of course, I'm misled by what I read. The Chromis, despite how common they are, I find quite a pretty little fish, they shouldn't impact too much on what I want to achieve and here I can get 3 for £15.00, so relatively inexpensive, should I decide to remove and replace them later on.

If your planning on corals later on,forget about the lemonpeel.I've not seen one yet that wouldnt eat corals.

Back