Tiny aiptasia on zoas?

So, I've got this little zoa colony, and this thing has been to hell and back. Right now may be the worst though. It's got about 3-4 tiny (size of my monti's polyps) aiptasia growing on it. They're so small, I probably couldn't stab them with a syringe, and obviously a sautering iron would just be stupid, I'd also hit the zoas. Would dipping them in anything help? Or what should I do?

Usually aiptasia aren't that small. Are they mini feather dusters? If I were you, I'd wait and see if they grow or spread...

Can you post a pic of them?

There was only one on there to begin with, I figured like you said and they're not them, but they are growing like heck. Camera's messed up atm, so no pics for now.

if there real small you can try taking the zoa piece and use a piece of cloth and rub them off. if that doesent work try to pick them off with tweezers then rub the polyp with a piece of cloth to try to remove anything the apt may have left behind, if you do this be carefull wouldnt hurt to wear goggles. hope that helps good luck!

Yeah, didn't work. They shriveled up into a little crack and couldn't get them. I'm debating just tossing this rock, they're pretty much gone anyways. They were nice eagle eyes though...

Back