Turbo Snail PooP

CSCULTHO

Reefing newb
Other than vacuuming all the poop out of my tank, what other ways or janitors can I use to get rid of this mess? I'm 2 weeks into my cycle and dont want to slow this process down by discarding water. HELP PLEASE??? :question:

I do not understand why you are needing to vacuum your tank. the bioload will help build the bacteria bed. just let it go. you 1st additions are your clean up crew. add some that will deal with the excretions. it will naturally break down and you control the build up of nitrates with water changes but not before you system settles out. hope this helps.

I'm sorry if you misunderstood me. I have not vacuumed the tank. I just want to know if it is ok to have all kinds of poop on the live sand and which janitor is best for eating it. The entire bottom of my tank from only (5) turbo snails is mind boggling. But I did all my tests this morning and I have no readings. Maybe a small small amount of nitrate. Thats it. :mrgreen:

Bare bottom - vaccum out.

sand bed - medium to coarse substrait, detritus feeders and ceriths snails

Fine to oolitic sand bed deep - sea cucumbers and ceriths snails.

hope this helps. good luck. sorry for the confusion it was all mine. hope this helps.

Back