Wanted to say hi

salt newbie01

Reefing newb
I have been a member here for quite a while but kinda got busy with my clubs forum on another site. But I have found things get a little boring when you just stay on one site. I wanted to come back around to living reefs. I always had a good time here and have been nosing around for the last few weeks. I see a lot a familar names and quite a few new ones. It sure is good to see the site doing so well.

On to my current tanks...

75 non drilled ( which makes everything a pain IMO!! ) with 440 wt of vho's overhead. I had a BAD ich outbreak when I foolishly added a powder blue tang from a local reefer(live and learn). He and my yellow tang did not get along - so I am down to just my gold stripe maroon clown and her small little boyfriend hosting in an 18" green bubble tip. A large green tinted torch, more evil mel zoas than I can shake a stick at, purple acan enchinata, and a large hydnophora. Oh I forgot a pretty big red monti cap. I haven't bought any more fish because I am not sure what I am going to do with the tank. I just can't decide what I am going to do. I got a 220 drilled tank for next to nothing and I may make it a FOWLER tank and use my 75 as a sump. So the future of this tank is up in the air.

I also have a 58 RR tank that is LPS dominated with some zoas and palys. It has all the corals I am really crazy about mainly acans/micros, a few blastos and some palys. It normally has some gobies and wrasses as well but they are all in QT right now for another mistake on my part. Adding a pair of hawaiian flame wrasses without putting them in QT first. If Murphy keeps putting me in check like this one day I will be a very smart man!LOL!!

Anyway just wanted to say I hi to everyone. Will see ya'll round the forum

Welcome back!

I'm not sure if I was around when you were on here.Post pics of an update of everything when you get things in order.I really like to see pics of the Flame wrasse considering it is one of most beautiful wrasses,IMO.

Not as beautiful as my flame wrasse!!

WARNING: SHAMELESS PLUG FOLLOWING!

0208074.jpg

Sorry Patrick, I'm still bitter about this picture losing the POTM competition a few months back :(.

It's okay Biff but not a beautiful as my cheapo Longfin Fairy.

...as soon as I can get a pic of it but hey this looks exactly the same.
Shameless plugging part II.

lg-90080-Longfin-Fairy.jpg

Beautiful fish you 2 - what is that sarah - leopard wrasse?
That is one Really nice long fin - freak!

Unfortunately I lost the male flame wrasse last night!:frustrat: He was by far the prettiest fish I have ever owned. The pics I have just don't do him justice. I lost him in the QT tank - It is very frustrating - even the female has something wrong with her. I know for sure I will NEVER try hypo salinity again. Coppersafe will be the way to go for me. here are few pics of them though...I will buy another pair when I get the money but $200 a pair hurts!!

this is while they were drip acclimating...

hflameacclimation2.jpg

in the tank...

hflame1stnight1.jpg

hflame1stnight.jpg

My filamented, which I also lost in hypo salinity - the real kicker with him is he barely showed any signs of ich!! Very frustrating. He was a little guy less than 2" but had great finage already.

flash pic

filamentedwrasse.jpg

no flash

filamentedwrasse2.jpg

together with the male flame wrasse

hflameandfilamented.jpg

Both were super cool fish - live and learn...

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone.

Hey reeffreak - you were here when I was - we talked on the chat boards some - me you sarah and mator.

Just simply beautiful wrasses Salt.I've been eyeing a Flame pair at the Diver's Den section at Live Aquaria.I just couldn't swallow the $329 asking price for a mated pair.Oh yeah,nice micro,acans and blastos in the background...I'm jealous.

Thanks man! I got the flame wrasses from justrarefish.com He is in atlanta so I drove down and saved on shipping. How far are you from chatt town? I don't know where Clarksville is.

I for one didnt miss you!! :^:

HEHE! You know I missed you! Welcome back to the fold, your such a prodicle son! (baptist humor for all the sinners out there! :mrgreen:)

Back