What are you doing with your Blue Clove Polyp?

madhattertcm

Reefing newb
I've had Blue Clove Polyps since I got my lights. It was one of my first corals. It was doing fine, but in the past couple weeks it's been a little shy looking in the sense that it only opens up about half way. It sits about halfway in the tank under 4x T5s. There's pretty moderate flow in that area. A couple days ago I tried moving him a little lower down on the rock work. Still the same thing. about half open

What are you guys doing to have good success with these as far as placement/flow?

Hey there! I have mine on the tip top of my live rock. I run t-5's so he does get a lot of light. I have my lights on for about 8-10 hrs a day. Also, he prob gets a med flow from my 2 powerheads. Hope this helps.

I had mine at the very bottom of my 90 gallon tank. Exact opposite from you guys. :) They aren't known to require high lighting. Maybe your light isn't the problem?

Maybe - He's kind of acting the same on the top. I read that they require moderate to high on both lighting and flow. I think I've tried everywhere. :(

Unfortunately it's also not easy to tell. Unlike most corals that will come back out shortly if moved, this guy will stay closed until the next day. I'll give him a week where he's at and see how he responds.

Back