What do you feed omnivore fish?

ltkenbo

Reefing newb
I have 1 clown, 1 watchman goby, and 1 coral beauty angel. I mostly feed them that meat formula 1 stuff (frozen), and ocasionally frozen mysis shrimp. I feed the goby formula 2 (Veg-Meat mix frozen). I would like to feed the other fish the veggie stuff too, but it doesn't break up like the meat stuff does so they don't like it that much, and it sinks to the bottom like imediately. Any tips? My clownfish will generally only eat food near the surface, the angel will eat wherever but if it sinks to the bottom the goby will grab it. Also, what else can I feed my fish other then these two things, any types of live food they willl accept?

I would avoid those Formula 1 and 2 type frozen foods. They are bound together using gels and are meant to be put in suction cup mesh feeders, not dropped into the tank.

Try buying a different brand of frozen food. Emerald Entree, Marine Cuisine and mysis are all great for omnivorous fish, and they break apart in the water.

Mine get frozen mysis,enriched brine,blood worm,emerald entree,and something else I cant remember right now.When I ACTUALLY feed em.:D

Ok so I remember this now, the meat stuff I have it actually marine cuisine, and the one that doesn't float or fall apart easy is formula 2.

Use emerald entree instead of formula 2 - the formula foods are a pain, although they work well to feed anemones because it stays in clumps.

I feed spectrum pellets, emerald entree, marine cuisine, mysis shrimp and cyclops and sea veggies for my tangs and angels.

Yeah it also works wells for feeding my blue spotted watchman goby or my giant hermit crab since they sink right to the bottom.

Back