white ribbon eel

PufferGuy

Reefing newb
Anyone have any experience with these? My lfs has one and i really like it, the guy i talked to said they are more difficut to keep than like a snowflake, but the difficulty lies in having them eat and they have had that eel for over 3 weeks and it eats fine. He also said they are less aggressive than snowflakes and that i need a tightly covered tank in order for it not to escape.

Thoughts?

The biggest thing with eels,is they tend to hide a lot.If you got quiet a bit of rock,you probably wont see much of the eel.
And keep in mind that the bigger the eel,the harder it is to catch.Their so limber and slick,that a fairly good sized one,is dang near impossible to net.

what im scared of is losing fish. My smallest fish is a 6line thats about 2" long. The eel is tiny, like under the size of my pinky finger so im just hoping he doest pick on the six line.

the eel is in, and doing great. I would try to get some pictures but the only camera i have is on my phone and it sucks so ill get my dad's SLR this weekend and try to snap a few shots.

i just fed the big guy today, some krill with garlic, and he took it pretty easy. The guy at he LFS fed it a goldfish yesterday so i didnt think he would take any food today but i wanted to make sure he would eat. I cant tell you how happy i am he ate right away.

nice! I had a blue ribbon for 8 months, lots of fun! Wasn't a good eater though. hope to see some pics soon

well i got a pic of the eel and one of the coral beauty but both are blurry and terrible since i used my phone.
n1500930697_30605587_3308.jpg

n1500930697_30605585_4322.jpg

Do not feed the eel or any other marine fish goldfish. Feed only marine fair to your animals. the EEl should be fed 2 times a week to saturation/until he quits feeding adults 1 time a week. Good luck. a varied meaty diet of marine fair chopped in appropriate size chunks will do nicely as well as crustacean flesh. No fresh water fare, its like eating a head of lettice. filling but not nutritional and lacking in the needed vitamins, limpids, etc that marine fish need to stay healthy. IMO

Back