Will Banded Coral shrimp eat my other shrimp?

CMOS

Reefing newb
Hey Guys,

I have (had?) a Banded Coral, a Peppermint, and 2 Cleaner Shrimp in my 50 Super High tank. I have not seen my 2 cleaner shrimp for 2 days, which is very unusual as they are active little boogers. I have seen the Banded Coral chasing them a little bit, but nothing that I thought would be serious.

Is it possible that the Banded Coral made a Happy Meal out of my cleaner shrimp? (Peppermint still there and doing fine.)

CMOS

I'd about lay money on it.Coral bandeds are mean lil basterds.They are the damsels of the shrimpy world.

Next question (if the Cleaner Shrimp don't re-appear): How the heck do I catch that BC shrimp!!?? :mrgreen:

CMOS

I've heard of people making traps with coke bottles. They cut the top and reverse it inside the bottom of the bottle. A search for traps on this site should give you a better idea. I have not made one myself so I'm not good at explaining it.

I've heard of people making traps with coke bottles. They cut the top and reverse it inside the bottom of the bottle. A search for traps on this site should give you a better idea. I have not made one myself so I'm not good at explaining it.

Good point. I've read about that too. That's certainly worth a try. It's only an empty 2-liter Coke bottle.

CMOS

Greg, that truly sucks. Remember one of the first things I spoke about when you came over? It was the fact that my CB was killing off all my fish, get rid of him and you should be okay.

Brent

Back