Would it be worth it?

Gdbyrd

life's a beach
Right now, I have no means of filtration for my tank aside from about 3lbs/gallon of LR. I was thinking about adding some cheato in a DIY HOB fuge..However, do to the location of the tank, I would only have about 1.5" on each side of the tank(it's in a corner).

I can work some magic with acrylic, but would a fuge that's 1.5" thick, by about 30" wide and 20" tall help all that much?

I'm thinking that..or try to build some DIY reactors to run in line if that can be done..one with filter mesh, then activated carbon, and lastly with phosban...

There's no room under the tank or on the sides adn it's not drilled so I'd have to get creative. Just looking for advice, suggestions, or ideas!

Thanks!

i dont see how youd effectively light that unless you had lighting from the side in which case it seems almost brilliant.. however i think it would be more of a hassle than anything else... also how would you keep water flow through that? i dont know of any 1.5 inch pumps. maybe you could try some in tank protein skimmer or build some modified overflow to get a sump and fuge underneath your tank...

i dont see how youd effectively light that unless you had lighting from the side in which case it seems almost brilliant.. however i think it would be more of a hassle than anything else... also how would you keep water flow through that? i dont know of any 1.5 inch pumps. maybe you could try some in tank protein skimmer or build some modified overflow to get a sump and fuge underneath your tank...

Well, I was thinking I could run it to the bottom of the tank where the stand opens up a little bit and install a pump on the outside of the acylic with a small bulkead fitting. Then just have it setup so it'd overflow into the tank like a skimmer would. Lighting I still haven't figured out, but there are several submersible light strands out there.

Back