Wrasse

small fish hook, with a piece of shrimp on it, bite size. fish it out, seriously. there are vids on youtube if you want to watch

when you find out let me know, I have been trying to get a velvet damsel out of my tank for quite awhile, not that he is doing any damage and the fish arent scared by him in the least but I want it out, tried everything, next step is harpooning..:grumble:
I have to much in the tank now to rip it down to get it, it seems he knows I am after him, everything else in the tank will take food from my fingers( from tangs to triggers to my coral beauty) he just comes up and hangs a few inches lower then scurries in the rocks again, starting to get bolder, will grab him if he gets close enough.. lol

set up a minnow like trap, only thing i caught was my cleaner shrimp ^.^, took me a while to get the booger out too lol. and yes i tried the fishing method with a barbless hook, almost, but no cigar shaped fish lol.

never ever ever will i get a wrasse again, they are beautiful, but this was aggravating to say the least. eat my purdyful feather dusters and its back to the store. i think ill trade him in for a bag of salt xD

Hee hee, I'm always looking at the Kole Tangs at the store and drooling and then I remember my reefing friends' issues :). (and that I only have a 60)

:) he was a clown wrasse (stripes and pink fins) a beautiful jerk he was. Loved to harass my shrimp/ lion/ clown to the point where one of them (im guessing the clown) took a big chunk out of his back fin.

Long story short the evil clown and the dirty wrasse went back to the store, and now i have the salt i wanted :)

Oh yea, well they're not reef safe and they definitely aren't as pretty when they get their adult colors ... But there are some amazing looking wrasses that would leave your inverts alone.

Back