Winnie's 120G Starphire Upgrade!

winnie

Reefing newb
It's almost time!! The guys are coming tomorrow to set up my new 120g aquarium! :^: Here are the specs...

120g Starphire glass aquarium with beveled edges (48" x 24" x 24")
Neptune Systems AquaController Apex Base Unit w/Standard Grade pH Probe
Neptunes Lunar simulator
Custom Cherry Stand
50 Gallon sump (Wet/Dry Filter Area)
32 Hyper Flow Water Pump- Main return pump
20g Refugium w/ T5 grow lighting linked with sump lighting
4x Ecoray LED lighting panels
AquaC EV180 Protein Skimmer with JG fitting and Rio 3100 Pump
2x Hydor Koralia Evolution Circulation Pump/Powerhead 1400gph (I hope to upgrade these to Vortechs sometime in the near future)
JBJ Ocean Pulse Duo Wavemaker
4x Flow Accelerators 3/4"
Misc. Plumbing parts
Six OUtlet Power Strip with Surge Protection
500 Titanium Watt Heater

150 lbs. live rock
240 lbs. live sand

Algae Free Hammerhead floating Magnet
5 Stage RO/DI Unit
55g Saltwater mixing vat
2x float switch (one for the saltwater mixing vat, and one for the ATO
Water Leak Contoller 1/4" Auto-Shut off
Dual Carbon and Phosphate Reactor Chamber

I got the stand yesterday. It is enormous!! Its 45" high. I am so tired of hunkering down to see into my biocube 29, so I asked them to make the 120's stand tall enough to view the tank at eye level. :D I think Im gonna have to get a step ladder to clean this thing.

My camera is charging as I type this. Hopefully I can get some pics of the stand for you guys tonight...

I have some questions about my stocking list. After the 120 cycles, I plan to move my biocube29 inhabitants over.... Twin Spot Goby, Six line Wrass, Red Scooter Dragonet. Plus my clown pair that the LFS is babysitting for me.

Potential Livestock:
Hippo Tang
Kole Tang
Red Velvet Fairy Wrasse
Copperband Butterfly
Yellow Watchman Goby
Tail Spot Blenny
3 Blue Chromis

Per the guidelines I can have 12 fish or 24 inches of fish. This list is 14 fish, and it puts me around 50" of fish. I think this list is too much. What do you think I should take out?

I apologize for this really long post. I hope to upload a pic of the stand later today, and will keep you updated about tomorrow's install (with pics of course)!

Yay :^: can't wait!! Thanks for everything!
-Heather

Yay babe! I'm excited to. This tank is gonna be sooo tits!

Now you need to get a job to pay for all the critters!

-Matt

you have to upload the photos to a site like photobucket first. once you've done that copy the [IMG}aWeb Address of Photo Here[/IMG] tag and paste it in your text

Ok let's see if this works...
IMG_0055.jpg

IMG_0056.jpg

IMG_0057.jpg

IMG_0058.jpg

IMG_0059.jpg

IMG_0060.jpg

Ahaah! It worked! Thanks BL. BTW that is my goldendoodle Sookie. :D

The stand is so big, it kinda looks out of place next to the fireplace, and the china hutch on the other side.... O well, it will be fantastic when the tank is put into place! :mrgreen:

Thanks everybody! I like how the stand turned out too! There are some great wood grains running through it! Cant wait for tomorrow! I'll keep you all updated!

Thats gonna be a great looking tank Winnie.
On your stock list,I'd advise against the copperband.They usually dont live very long in our tanks.Though I do think that if you had a bunch of aiptasia that copperbands would do a lot better.

So, I came home to this Tuesday night...
IMG_0066.jpg

IMG_0067.jpg

IMG_0068.jpg

Sand in
IMG_0071.jpg

Fuge
IMG_0072.jpg

Skimmer
IMG_0073.jpg

Side View
IMG_0075.jpg

Water and rocks going in
IMG_0077.jpg

IMG_0081.jpg

IMG_0083.jpg

Things cleared up a bit
IMG_0092.jpg

IMG_0101.jpg

IMG_0105.jpg

IMG_0107.jpg

No lights yet. The guy who built the stand is making a hood thing for them. Should be done by monday or tuesday. I also found out he made the stand out of reclaimed wood from a homestead around here. :D

Wow, it looks like quite a production! Be sure the rocks are not sitting on top of the sand. The rocks should be on the bottom glass. If they are resting on the sand, you are asking for a rockslide and broken glass... Your clean up crew and fish will burrow, and your powerheads will move sand, and when the sand shifts the rocks will fall over. It has happened a few times to people on here, and you don't want to end up with the contents of your tank on your floor.

Thanks! I didn't really do anything. :mrgreen: Those guys in the pics spent all day Tuesday setting it up while I was at school. All I did was make beer runs... :mrgreen:

Back