90 gal tank build

imdaring

love my reef
YEAH!! the new tank is up and running :bounce::bounce::bounce:here are some pics from start to finish, my husband made the stand for me
I have not hooked up the skimmer yet, I'm hoping that the algae scrubber will take its place its so much less noise with out the skimmer

90galtankbuild001.jpg

the frame of the stand

90galtankbuild002.jpg

finished stand
90galtankbuild003.jpg

sump
90galtankbuild004.jpg

90galtankbuild005.jpg

algae scrubber

90galtankbuild006.jpg

water is going in

90galtankbuild007.jpg

90galtankbuild017.jpg

90galtankbuild018.jpg

Auto top off B/4 I had all the cords zip tied

90galtankbuild023.jpg

THE FINISHED DISPLAY TANK :mrgreen:
90galtankbuild009.jpg

What is the black item inside the tank in the first picture? I'm setting up a 90 soon and looking at filtration ideas. I don't have room for a sump or algae scrubber but wish I did. Yours looks great!

Ha...your posts are at 666

The black box in the middle is the overflow weir, the water flows over the little slits and down a tube into the sump.

Awesome job with the tank, I can't wait 'til my 90 looks that good!

right now I have a 1 red angel, 2 blue damsels, 2 maroon clowns, black and white damsel... And now today I just put in a $150 order for 1 cole tang, Naso tang, 1 Hipo tan, 2 yellow coral goby's, 2 green coral goby's
Looks great!
What fish are currently in and what else do you plan to add?

I have mine under the stand I just had my husband make the stand taller then normal
What is the black item inside the tank in the first picture? I'm setting up a 90 soon and looking at filtration ideas. I don't have room for a sump or algae scrubber but wish I did. Yours looks great!

right now I have a 1 red angel, 2 blue damsels, 2 maroon clowns, black and white damsel... And now today I just put in a $150 order for 1 cole tang, Naso tang, 1 Hipo tan, 2 yellow coral goby's, 2 green coral goby's

I sure hope you can return some of those tangs. the Naso and Hippo won't fit in a 90 very long, assuming they're babies. if they're full grown they won't fit in a 90 at all. naso's and hippos both get quite large, and require a minimum of 125gallons. Nasos more, even, depending on the width of the tank.

otherwise, nice build! taller stands are so nice, easier to work in and all that. good work.

And the (coral) gobies might fight... In a 90 gallon tank it may be okay, but 4 clown (coral) gobies in one tank is pretty risky no matter what size tank they are in. Clown gobies are also not safe with SPS corals, as their diet in the wild consists of SPS polyps.

no worried there the gobies that I recieved were very little so my nems had some sushi
And the (coral) gobies might fight... In a 90 gallon tank it may be okay, but 4 clown (coral) gobies in one tank is pretty risky no matter what size tank they are in. Clown gobies are also not safe with SPS corals, as their diet in the wild consists of SPS polyps.

Back