am I feeding my fish ok

joshuashih1

Seahorse Owner
I feed a mix of frozin brinshrimp and mysis shrimp to my longnose hawkfish, yellow wrasse, clownfiswh, and flame angle every other day the amount they can eat in 2 minneouts is that good or should I feed sompthing els?

Well it's just interesting since your other thread was about how you are having algae problems, and many people pointed out that your tank is way overstocked, especially for only having been set up for a month, and you said you were going to get a flame angel, and many people said they thought that was a bad idea because you were already overstocked and a flame angel is just going to add to the waste that is fueling your algae problem, and they aren't even herbivores (even though you said you were certain that the flame was going to eat the algae), and then you went and bought one anyways...

So I think the question she was alluding to was why bother to ask advice if you don't want to hear the answer, and if you are just going to ignore it and do what you want anyways? If you are going to ask advice about algae problems, why do the exact opposite of what everyone is suggesting you do to help your problem?

Last edited:
2 days ago you posted you had a tank that has been up 1 month, you have an algae problem and 4 fish and were going to add a flame angel. We all told you not to add a flame angel. Then the next day you post that you have a flame angel. So you got him yesterday and now have 5 fish? You are overstocked and have added too many fish at once. We can only help you if you are truthful and try to research and take advice.

Minimum tank size for a yellow wrasse is recommended to be 50 gallons. I don't think it'd be that big of a deal if you didn't already have so many other large fish in the tank.

Have you considered just upgrading to a larger tank? That would allow you to keep more of the fish you want in a happier, healthier environment.

Back