Biff's Seahorse Tank

Bifferwine

I am a girl
I'm starting a new tank tomorrow. I'm going to dig out the old BioCube from the shed and set it up. After discussing it with Picasso, I've (we've) decided to stock it with four H. erectus seahorses. The height of the tank (15") was an initial concern of mine and Hannah's (little_fish), but I'm not interested in breeding them, and I'm not going to add a lot of sand, so I think it's workable.

I don't have a stand, so I will have to go shopping for that tomorrow. It's also one of the older versions of the BioCube that has the iffy PC lighting (no upgrades), so it should be good for horses. I have a whole bunch of dead rock in my shed that I'll be using, and I'll be using established sand. I'll have to get a new pump for it, and I'll be converting the back compartment into a fuge for my Magical Chaeto.

So...new build starts tomorrow.

Last edited:
Re: Biff's Seahorse Build

I am torn between horses or other fishes I haven't bought anything for my tank because I am so indecisive lol.

Cant wait to see it!

This is terrific Biff...you know those pinto seahorses are h. erectus.

ORA Pinto Seahorse - Hippocampus erectus | Oceans, Reefs & Aquariums

They are just so cute.

ORA-Pinto-Erectus.jpg

I just finished moving the living room furniture around to make a spot for the tank. I decided to put it here. There used to be a table on the wall, hence why there is a scratch line. :grumble:

026.jpg

So...about this whole BioCube thing.

Nevermind.

I just bought a new tank today. Haha. It will suit the horses better. Christian is washing it out and prepping it for spray paint right now.

Here is the new tank. The light consists of 45 LEDs... I'm guessing they are 1 watt. Not super bright, but should be good enough for softies and macro. I've just got to clean everything off, and start making water.

0202-1.jpg

0222.jpg

0232.jpg

Back