Carl's at Long Last 75g Tank

ReefCarl

Reefing newb
After a few years of a lingering fascination with saltwater tanks, I finally got a setup in July of 2012. With a lot of help from people on this board, the thing is looking good and a daily fascination. I thought I'd share some pictures;

Here's the whole set-up. I went all out on the stand and hood, as I wanted it to be a piece of furniture that I could have in my living room.
reefcarl-albums-75g-picture2146-setup.jpg

And here are the fish; 1 sailfish tang (my favorite), 1 yellow tang, 1 clown (her partner died a few weeks ago), 1 lemon damsel, and 3 striped pajama fish. The pajama fish mostly stare at the wall.
reefcarl-albums-75g-picture2151-2013-01-19-15-55-36.jpg

And another shot of my favorite
reefcarl-albums-75g-picture2149-2013-01-19-15-55-17.jpg

I've added a few simple corals, starting with a few mushrooms. This one has been prolific. He crawls across rocks and every few days he leaves behind a mini-mushroom.
reefcarl-albums-75g-picture2148-mushroom-has-fathered-15-others-few-weeks-my-tank.jpg

I think this is a branching hammer coral, although I am not certain. That is what my former LFS told me it was. I don't plan on going back there after having received some suspect advice. You can also see that two of the branches of the coral have died completely. The rest are growing rapidly, but I am worried...
reefcarl-albums-75g-picture2154-2013-01-19-15-42-39.jpg

These are fun to feed! I use my "julian's thing" to spot feed them brine shrimp. They seem to be multiplying and their tentacles are getting longer.
reefcarl-albums-75g-picture2147-fun-feed.jpg

Today I picked up this rock that is covered with zoa's! It is my first purchase from a store I plan on spending my money at in the future. It was $80, which seemed like a lot for zoa's, but there are a ton of them and they are many different colors. You can't see it here, but the rock extends further back too, completely covered with corals. I hope I didn't get hosed because I'm running out of LFS's. Any input?
reefcarl-albums-75g-picture2153-2013-01-19-15-41-16.jpg

Here's another shot of the newest add...
reefcarl-albums-75g-picture2152-2013-01-19-15-46-10.jpg

Looking good, for that size a zoah colony and being multiple type I think it was a fair price.

Back