chichimom79's 10 Gallon

chichimom79

reef junkie
Yay! I get to make a tank thread! Here is the start of my 10 gallon. I bought these clowns with the 60 cube i bought but I am not ready to set that one up yet. I used his liverock and 80% his water. He also gave me a ball of chaeto to put in there. I have named them Buttercup and Westley. Westley has found a nook behind a rock but Buttercup likes this spot.
012.jpg

close up
014.jpg

Both of them pre-transfer
009-1.jpg

I am so happy to have a tank again :D

I love those maroon clowns. As a suggestion, wait to put those guys back in the other tank until you are totally done adding fish. Those guys are as mean as you can buy and they do not play well with others, especially fish added after them.

little fish, I was wondering about that. I knew maroons were the most aggressive of the clowns, but wasn't sure if they would bully other species. Thanks for the tip.
R3verb, I had already planned to enter. Was just hoping running tanks were eligible. :) Amba, I got two so that I could test my water change water. LOL I need a digital.

Buttercup and Westley have gotten settled and are coming out now. I just fed them and they ate happily, and also tested the water. The ammonia test had been sitting there a while. Not sure if it's reading ammonia or not. This is not too long after I fed so if it is reading any that could be why. Should have tested first, but I didn't. Shoulda woulda coulda :P
FTS- I need a light so right now I am improvising. ;)
009-2.jpg

005-1.jpg

006-2.jpg

I would look into purchasing a refractometer. They are much more accurate than hydrometers. Also hydrometers go bad after about 6 months and need to be replaced. You can buy a refractometer for around $25 on ebay with the calibration fluid being around $3, so in two years the refractometer will have paid for itself.

Back