Contest Bifferwine

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bifferwine

I am a girl
I set up my entry tonight! I took pics, but can't find my camera cable :( I'll have to upload them at work tomorrow and then post them.

So far, 10 gallon tank spray painted black, live rock, about an inch or less of black and white mixed sand. The rock and sand were taken from my nano that I set up years ago, but never put anything in.

Equipment: 48" 4 bulb T5s... GHETTO! A MJ1200, and a heater. I'm going bare bones here. I don't have room for equipment, so I'm doing the bare minimum.

Pictures tomorrow!

Here are my first set of photos:
IMG_2474.jpg

A quick paint of the back:
IMG_2477.jpg

Waffle checking out the sturdiness of the setup. He was not pleased, so NDB is going to figure out a different way to place the lights. What Waffle says, goes.
IMG_2479.jpg

Water - check. Salt - check. Rocks - check. Sand - check. Clarity... Nope...
IMG_2480.jpg

After the dust settles. You'll notice the first tank inhabitants, the ubiquitous asterinas:
IMG_2486.jpg

IMG_2488.jpg

Waffle, Wheelie and Chimichanga each give two paws up! Mango and BK did not care to view the tank.
IMG_2491.jpg

Last edited:
Yes, I know you can still see my name through the Sharpie. Who cares.

And yes, those are Shamwows. Two different colors of Shamwows! Say what you will about Vince Schlomi, but I dig the Shamwows.

Hey Sarah, I can still see your name. :mrgreen:

And you're not going to grow up to be a crazy cat lady, are you? :shock:

Sham wow! we use the same cat litter! im still trying to decide if my return from the sump is going to be enough flow or if i need to jam a powerhead in there too. hmmm

we use the same cat litter!

$11.99 for 40 lbs at Costco! We go through A LOT of kitty litter. But the leftover buckets are super handy for storing tools, NDB's car parts, tank stuff, etc. We have dozens of them stacked. I never have to buy containers for anything ever again.

I got the giant box of Shamwows at Costco too. There were like 30 of them in the box. They are AWESOME!!! We use them for everything. I always used to make fun of the infomercial. But not anymore. Because I could BE one of those people. You'll love my nuts! Slap my nuts!

yeah we use quite a bit too. one of my least favorite feelings at my house is walking bare foot on the grains that the cats kick out on the floor. ugh. your bucket situation sounds like me and all the salt buckets i have just sitting in my garage being reused. tons everywhere! you would have that same situation too if you ever did regular water changes ;)

All cat people should have a Cat Genie litter box. I haven't scooped anything in almost two years. A bit pricey but saves money in the long run.

Oh my god. I just looked up the Cat Genie litter box. I WANT ONE SO BAD! This will solve our litter box problems! That is one badass machine! Hmmmm... Next paycheck maybe???

You have never seen the infomercial?!?! I figured it was probably a pos. Let me know how it works if you get it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back