Corey's 130 gal System Upgrade

Rcchanlder

Reefing newb
Havn't posted in a while but i thought i would let you all know how my build is going. I am currently in the process of upgrading from a 29 gal to a 75 with a 55 gal sump/ refugium. :^: im just about ready to get it up and running after about a month of prep. Im going to put some pics up. Let me know what you think.

Last edited:
IMG_1587.jpg
My%20aquarium

Looks like your inspector cat is looking for building code violations :) Lookin' good so far! Did you build the stand?

I made the stand myself. i made it a bit taller because i got tired of always squatting down to look in my 29 gal. also i will have that 55 gal sump under there. i think stand and tank together is about 5.5 ft tall. also i went with the hanging top because i wanted to have an open tank. i custom cut some plastic egg crate for a "lid"

im going to get some silicone for the baffles and dividers today. My acrylic cement and bulk head are ordered. I hate the waiting part..... as soon as that gets in i will be ready to have the sump plumbed and the full system running

howdy neighbor. Nice to see another reefer in this neck of the woods. Looks like your doing it right and getting everything set up before filling. You got a planned "wet date" yet?

if everything goes to plan i should have the complete system up and running by next week. all i lack are a couple more pieces of acrylic to be installed and some acrylic glue that i ordered to show up. the 75 is full right now. i have it up to temp and have some of my base rock in. i want to have some decent circulation before i put in the substrate so that will be last before the fish.

I like how your sump is coming along! I agree that the waiting sucks! Just wait until you are looking out the window every three seconds looking for the delivery man (or woman) carrying your "LIVE FISH" package! *L*

yeah, i originally was going to use the 55 gal for a viewing tank. i got it for $50 from a guy i work with. after i got it all cleaned up i noticed it had all kinds of scratches on the glass. so, i found a 75 for $120 in town new. instead of a 55 with a 29 gal sump i will have a 75 wit ha 55 gal sump. works for me

yea, thats kinda how i ended up with my 210, i was gonna do a 180, but then there was a sale, so i was able to get the bigger tank for almost the same $$$ i figured, why not, right?!

one thing that i've seen and thought about doing with my system, was to have the fuge, or something like it, visable as well as the display tank, i've only seen it done a couple times, but when its done right, it really looks cool... just a thought..

Back