that crazy live rock

ZyberGoby

Because I'm clever
to all you reefers out there what was the wildest or craziest thing you have ever found on your live rock for my self it was only after i cleaned a piece of mine up from what looked like caked on sand to fine some sort of clam and somethings that look like scallops on another piece i found many vary small feather dusters and these clear almost anemone like things some things i still need to identify i love live rock and the wonders it hides but from that i hear sometimes hit hides great dangers for inverts... so what have you all found on your live rock???:^::mrgreen:

I found in my live rock 6 coral eating crabs that ATE over $250 of coral.:frustrat: The clearish anenomies might be Goast Anemones.

The neon green brittle star was kinda weird, though the weirdest is probably what looked like a reddish crab with blue spots...never saw it again.

The thing that looks like a small patch of green with 2-3 inch long hair thin tentacles that wave around and touch everything

Oh and at last count I have 32 feather dusters. Lol I love them though

wow this is all really cool! I hope to hear more things found coming from peoples life rock i just got another small chunk with nothing but plant life on it and i thing i saw some Reef Pods swimming in all the veg. I'm not sure on that though.I'm hopping to fine some more cool thing on my LR so far i have 7clams, 11feather dusters, some small anemones about 3 of them. I am loving the live rock and welcome all the critters it hides... but yes still would love to find out what has been seen in and on your LR... thanks all :D

Oh yea I have a ball anemone too. He hasn't grown much. Don't know what they do or if I should worry or not. My LR has produced lots of dusters, bristle worms, the thingie with tentacles, the ball anemone, the strange thingie I can't seem to take a clear pic of :mrgreen: , and coralline.

Nice im loving this LR some amazing stuff every one i love hearing it. As i am kind of new to using life rock in my tanks i never done a reef tank before. I always just had lava rock and dead stag chunks. I'm amazed about this mini reef im making and the wild things popping from the life rock i have. I cant wait to hear more from every one on what they have found.

Ok I found in my and on my live rock a serpent star, a bunch of little white brown/tan spotted crabs, copepods, yellow ball sponges and a bunch of veg I've been meaning to get identified. also my life rock has fused its self to my lava rock every last one of them are now fused together its kind of ere.... But there more i am finding im wondering whats next

Found a penny sized slipper snail not too long ago. Can't imagine how it got in there since I have not added rock in over a year.

Found a penny sized slipper snail not too long ago. Can't imagine how it got in there since I have not added rock in over a year.
indeed i keep finding new holes in the rock also and then i see these things at a glance you don't even notice. But under a watchful stare and a pair of magnifying goggles and flashlight with 4 spectrum's lmao things stand out Red, Blue, White and Cold Indago UV. I'm a bit worried of whats going to bust out next... I'm going to try and get some vid up of this one chunk of live rock there some really crazy things coming from it. Its a vary nice piece at that.

I had a 6 inch eel found in a rock a lady at the LFS brought in :) made my day- not only did I get it out, but i got to take him home! :D

I had a 6 inch eel found in a rock a lady at the LFS brought in :) made my day- not only did I get it out, but i got to take him home! :D
Vary nice :D I'm hoping to get a better look at the crabs I found. I'm kind of hoping they are nem crabs. Because when they are bigger they will do their fan dances :D I saw the ones at my LFS doing there dance it was the coolest thing next to the sexy shrimp dance. Now i just need to get sexy shrimp and teach my Firefish to Dj and I can have a tank rave hahaha under my moonlight. I can call it "The Moonlight Tank Rave" :bounce:lmao
I just got a flash of Madagascar when I was thinking this. :Cheers: Thats awesome what kind of ell was it? Or it it still a mystery?

Back