Dturner's new 90 gallon setup (upgraded from a 60)

Dturner

Reefer Madness
Hey Guys,

Just got a new tank off craigslist this weekend. It's a 90 gallon and I got 40 lbs more rock added to it. I also picked up a diamond goby (which is probably the most entertaining fish) and frogspawn.

I have attached a couple pictures of everything. I like the hobby twice as much now that I have a 18" wide tank, rather than a 12". Stacking rock is a pain in such a narrow tank, it's a piece of cake in my 90. I even stacked everything on the glass before I added sand to it, so I know my structure will remain stable.

I am thinking of getting a royal gramma because my fiance wants one and hopefully that will get her more involved with the tank. And I am still thinking about what other fish I want in addition to the fish I have already. I have 2 clownfish, 1 algae blennie, 1 diamond goby, and 1 firefish.

I am looking into putting a screen on there. Was saving that for another weekend, haha.

BL1: I look forward to that too. I guess it's a slow process to start off with... takes so much money to get good corals nowadays.

Looks nice! I believe that's a hammer coral though. A very nice piece. I need to get one for my tank.

I was thinking the same thing but the people at the pet shop assured me it was frogspawn. I think I like it better than frog spawn, the polyps just look more interesting.

Thanks for all the compliments guys. I'm really excited to have a bigger tank and can't wait to blow all my money on corals, ha.

Dude, almost every time me and my friends go drinking, we always end up dancing to that song. I think i have a video of on my friends doing his funny little side shuffle. Ill look for it this afternoon.

Definetly hammer/anchor -branching (e.para ancora) don,t believe everything they tell you at the LFS-good start on what will be a beautiful tank!

Ok, need opinions from you guys.

How many additional fish, if any, can I have if my build is as follows:
90 Gallon Aquarium
150lbs live rock
Currently have 2 Clownfish, 1 lawnmower blennier, 1 firefish, 1 gobie.
I would like to get a yellow tang as my next fish.

How many additional fish do you think my tank can support?

I have an octopus protein skimmer HOB, and a 30 gallon sump underneath with a media reactor. Eventually a fuge will be added to the sump.

Thanks,
Daniel

Looks great! Can't wait to see more pictures of progress!! I am no help with the stocking questions sorry!

Thanks Erin. That's the answer I was hoping for. I've always wanted a yellow tang but I didn't want to sacrifice getting multiple other fish for it.

Back