Finally! My 75 Gallon Full Blown Reef!

Sir Alex

Dragon the eel (below)
Sooo... After months of waiting and saving, my tank is almost ready to fill up and cycle! :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:

What I have:

A 75 gallon kinda drilled (it has an internal overflow box).

30 gallon sump.

Bubble Magus Nac-7 protein skimmer.

Mag drive 12 pump.

About 140 pounds (150 - 1 piece) of rock from marcorocks.

What I'm getting:

2X: Sicce Voyager 4 powerheads.

300 watt Eheim Jager heater. (yes I have an extra)

Ocean pulse wavemaker.

66 LED system from fin-sanity.

My current stock list plan:

An ORA watchman goby, or pink spotted watchman goby, or somethin.

Tail spot blenny.

Pair of occelaris clowns.

White banded possum wrasse.

Yellow head jawfish.

Six line wrasse.

Kole tang.

Some sort of ORA mandarin.

All sorts of inverts.

Lot's of zoas and sps.

And of course, pictures:

scaled.php

scaled.php

Skimmer:

scaled.php

26 watt CFL over the fuge:

scaled.php

Return pump:

scaled.php

Full sump:

scaled.php

Screen lid:

scaled.php

YAY!!!!!!! :^::mrgreen::frustrat::bounce::sfish:

Thanks guys. :D

Do I need the powerheads to start the cycle? I have probably about 600-700 GPH coming from the return.

I didn't use any powerheads when cycling my tank. Those got added about the same time as my CUC, and my tank cycled just fine. Of course, I was using shipped LR, so there was a lot of die off and I had a huge cycle. It would probably be better to circulate whilst cycling, but I didn't find it necessary.

Looks good Alex!! Let me know how you like those Sicce 4 powerheads. Just as a heads up my Voyager 3 sometimes makes a tick noise due to air bubbles getting trapped inside of it. Also, make sure that you register them online so you get the additional 5 year warranty.

Looks good Alex!! Let me know how you like those Sicce 4 powerheads. Just as a heads up my Voyager 3 sometimes makes a tick noise due to air bubbles getting trapped inside of it. Also, make sure that you register them online so you get the additional 5 year warranty.

Where do I register them?

Alex, here is the registration website. You will also need to upload a copy of your receipt, but I think this can be a jpeg pic of it. SICCE Product Warranty Information, Registration and Claims

My LFS told me that the Sicce pumps do have a 5 year warranty, but if you read their website it says it is "extended." My Local LFS is affiliated with the US distributor so I hope they know what they are talking about.

P.S. Does the back of your Voyager box list a Knoxville address as Sicce USA?

The powerheads are on my need to get list. ;)

Doesn't it seem kinda strange that they would offer you an additional 5 year warranty if you show them your receipt??

Back