Hmmm

Just checking out my tank and my tail spot blenny is breathing hard sitting on a rock and i check the mandarain and he kinda is too...any ideas? I did just add another powerhead yesturday and its pointing to the surface causing waves...could they be getting to much oxogen? Going to go test all my peram's now....any ideas let me know.:grumble:

Heres the numbers...any help...? i guess id love to bring my calcium up a bit...not sure about dkh/kh whatever...got my no3 down from 20ppm to 5ppm woohoo. PH is lil low too...

PH: 8.0
Ammonia:0 ppm
no2: 0 ppm
no3: 5 ppm
Calcium : 380 ppm
dkh: 5 ?
phos: 0 ppm

It would not be because of too much, but too little dissolved oxygen. Are they just heavy breathing and not acting weird?? Anything out of the ordinary??

A little I suppose. My blenny usually isn't so chill and he's literally laying down like he does when he sleeps...since I changed the rock around the green mandarin stays in back or middle and rarely comes out. They both just are breathing really funny. My watchman seems normal tho idk...

I would take the powerhead out, because he may be trying to go up to the top of the tank to get air, and does not have the power to fight against the flow. Also, turn the lights off, and check the area around his gills.
Maybe you could have had a big algae die off, taking up all O2, and your NO3 may be a problem too. But im just listing things off at the minute mate.

Temp is 78..my corals have reacted great to the new powerhead. The fish have no problems going against the current as well. Ima keep an eye one them. Just very strange

Back