italipinos8 10 Gallon

italipinos8

Reefing newb
My plan for this aquarium was to create an All-In-One design. All equipment will be hidden by a rock/foam wall.

The Blue Print
Untitled.jpg

Building Process
Heres the tank i am working with. Just like the design.
bare tank.jpg
Ol, so i ordered 10 lbs of pukini dry rock. I broke apart the rocks and zip-tied them to the egg crate. Two pieces of egg crate will be used. BTW, the pukini dry rock is great. When i first started my biocube i went with the reef savor rock. I wish i order pukani rock for the biocube.
rockwall 1.jpg
rockwall 2.jpg

The next step was to add great stuff foam around the rock.
Foamed Pieces.jpg

After that was to epoxy and sand the pieces so it looks real. This step took the most time and a couple days. Heres the shot of the tank before i added water.
finishednoh20.jpg

Then with water and the FTS. Sand storm.
water.jpg
FTS.jpg

So now the cycling process. I have a maxi jet pump in the back and it provides plenty of flow for the entire tank. Filtration is just going to be filter floss, purigen, and chemi-pure. Weekly water changes once the cycle is done.

For lighting i am going to order one panorama pro led module and a stunner strip. This should be enough lighting for any coral i want.

The plan for live stock is simple. Just a goby/pistol pair and maybe some sexy shrimp. Most of the coral that is going in this tank will come from my biocube 29. I have plenty coral to trim down in there.

So, what do you guys think?

I like it! Awesome job, can't wait to see more progress.
Seeing as its a ten, one pump should be fine, depending really on its rated flow.

The maxijet 1200 is rated for 295 gph. That may have been enough flow if you didn't have the rock wall. I don't think that will work for you.

I took a panorama pro off my biocube to see how it looks with the 10 gallon.
IMG_1531.jpg

The tank is still a little cloudy but i think it looks good.

What do you guys think about adding a wooden black canopy to the tank? I need a way to rig up the panorama pros to hang over the tank.

If airflow becomes a problem i could add a fan to the canopy.

Back