New Rock = WoW

Ulta

REEFER
ok, so this guy about an hour away was tearing down his tank and selling all of his stuff. I really wanted his spiderman zoas so I decided to make a trip and look at what he had. Along with the Zoas my buddy got a nice 3 head acan for $20 with nice red color on it. And I picked up this super live rock for only $1-2 a lb. for $40 I got some zoas and this LOADED live rock 3 pieces (wish I would have got it all now but meh ^_^) check out my build thread in a few mins for the new aquascaping I did =P

Neways this rock was obviously LOADED with stuff and I need some help with ID's and if anything is bad/nuisance.

There's a bunch so lets get info on it all! =D

1.) The RocK! Whats on it!? Orange? Green?
100_1222.jpg

2.) Nuisance Anemone? There are at least 3 I see in diff places... And can you make out what that other thing is up top? (Both are circled green)
ID.jpg

3.) Lil Starfish in the bucket... Whats the deal with these guys? Are they ok?
100_1228.jpg

4.) Whoa! This guy moves like a snake! AND HUGE! Is this a Bristle Worm? :shock:
100_1233.jpg

100_1234.jpg

5.) Is this an Anemone or a polyp?? its at the top of my rock almost to the surface (thats why the pic is a lil blur >.<)
100_1237.jpg

100_1238.jpg

I'm sure there is more to discover! this rock is insane! all for only ~$25 :mrgreen:

Oh! Also, there is some hair/bubble algae do I have to try and get this stuff off so it doesn't spread or will it get taken care of somehow? (plan is to get a algae scrubber up sometime this month xD)

1)Foraminiferans is my guess-reef safe,not an animal or plant/algae.
2)The bottom circled is aiptasia,you know what to do,kill it.
3)Asterina sea star-some people say they are reef safe,some say they are not.I had tons of them in the past.The majority died off on there own and I never witness them harming any corals.
4)Bristleworm and a pretty big one.I seen some way bigger.If it bothers you remove the big ones.Still reef safe.
5)Majano anemone is what it looks like to me.Another pest,It's brown and ugly,kill it.

bristleworms are the best scavengers/detritus eaters in our tanks. you most likely wont seem them often. but i think they are good for your tank

Back