How To Post Pictures On Living Reefs

Rcpilot

Reef enthusiast
Okay all you computer reefers, this one is for you. You KNOW how much we love pictures, so no more excuses.

This is a Step-By-Step tutorial:

Step 1: When you want to post pictures, simply hit the reply button or the new thread button.

Step 2: Now scroll down the page to the little button that says MANAGE ATTACHMENTS. Click it. You'll see a small window pop up. This is the upload page.

Step 3: Click the BROWSE button. Drill into your files and find the picture you want to upload. Double click it. It should now be in the first BROWSE box. If you want to upload another picture, simply click on the next BROWSE button and then double click your next picture.

Step 4: When you have uploaded your pictures, simply click the little box that says UPLOAD. It takes a few minutes, depending on your connection speed. After the upload is finished, you'll see where your pictures have been loaded. Now just click the little window at the top of the box that says CLOSE THIS WINDOW.

Now type or add smilies in the posting box. Then just click the SUBMIT REPLY or SUBMIT NEW POST button. Thats all there is too it.

There is a size restriction. I think most JPEG images have a limit of around 190kb. If you need to re-size a picture to meet the size limitations, simply open it in Windows Picture and Fax Viewer. Now go to the tab at the top that says PICTURE and scroll down to the RESIZE option. Resize your pictures to LESS than 190kb and then save them.

Good luck!! Now go post some pictures!! :Cheers:

Last edited by a moderator:
Or just open an account at photobucket.com.Then once you've uploaded your pictures,just copy the img code at the bottom of the pull down under the picture and paste it into the post.

either or, when i have the pictures i want to post on one of my site servers, then i just link to it like the photobucket thing ,but when its an image that i dont already have onlne somewhere, then i do it RC's way.

both work

I tried to use photobucket, but I screwed up somewhere.So, heres the old way!

Attachments

• HPIM0168.jpg
    HPIM0168.jpg
    73.6 KB · Views: 359
Back