Saltwaterfish.com

darren0311

Reefing newb
Well I ordered a scorpionfish from them yesterday, the Fedex driver deliver'd it to me today and I was really excited UNTIL I opened the box to find 1 deflated bag containing my scorpionfish in very brown water, They had a heat pack in ther that wasnt even warm to the least, I measured the water temp in the bag and it was right around 60deg, I did samples of the water, PH <7, ammonia High, Nitrates High, Nitrites a little high.... WTF

I emailed them and they do have a return policy and the lady that i was dealing with was going to check to see if they had another one they could send me, No email back, tried to call, Voicemail,

So I am bringing in the new year with a dead fish that cost me $60.00

good custumer service would have even told you well we are leaving early today for the holiday, which I understand, But I got no return emails or phone calls.
has anyone had any experiences with saltwaterfish.com

I've heard absolutely nothing but bad news about saltwaterfish.com. I've also heard the warranty is useless. If you make a $100 claim they say you have to spend another $100 to get the $100 credit. Try to save the fish but don't worry too much. Almost all of us have had some expensive issue. Learn and move on.

SERIOUS ADVICE: Deal with liveaquaria.com, THEY HAVE AN EXCELLENT WARRANTY ON FISH. This guy is also very good:

Welcome to Pacific East Aquaculture

I heard pretty much the same bad things about them. They have some great prices on "weekly specials" in their emails, but whats the sense of buying them when they arrive like that! I hope they will work things out for you.

Do not do business with this company. They owe me hundreds of dollars. Their fish arrive dead all the time, and then they give you "store credit" but say that you have to spend another $100 without the credit in order to use that credit (so if you have a $100 credit, you have to spend $200 to even have the credit apply). Then, those fish arrive dead too -- so then they owe you $200 in credit. But you have to spend another $100 in credit to redeem it, and those fish arrive dead, so then they owe you $300 in credit...

That's where I was at in 2007 when I stopped ordering from them altogether because they owed me hundreds of dollars, and wouldn't just give me my money back, but everything I tried to order to redeem the credit would also arrive dead or die soon after arrival.

BAD BAD COMPANY TO DEAL WITH. STAY AWAY.

You should ALL file complaints with the US Postal Service!! It might be considered mail fraud. Put pressure on them!

Back