Samantha's 46 Gallon Bowfront

SaltwaterNoob17

Reefing newb
I've had this 46 Gallon for around 5 months now. I've been meaning to create a thread, and HERE IT IS! :mrgreen: I plan to add corals and a few more fish in the future, but here's what I have so far...

My Aquarium:
DSC01686.jpg

My Aquarium (close-up):
DSC01685.jpg

My Sump (Left is the Refugium; Center is Sump w/ Odyssea Skimmer; Right is ATO):
DSC01702.jpg

My Yellow Watchman Goby:
DSC01726.jpg

My Splendid Leopard Wrasse:
DSC01695.jpg

Pic From Underside of the Aquarium of Wrasse Asleep Under 3" of Sand:
DSC02320.jpg

My Starfish:
DSC02300.jpg

My Cleaner Shrimp:
DSC02309.jpg

Great post - it answered my question about whether you can have more than one wrasse per tank! Not to mention, I had no idea a wrasse could burrow itself that deep! I can't believe that doesn't hurt them or hinder their breathing.

Thanks for the pic - the bowfront tank looks fantastic.

wwwwwwwow. that leopard wrassee is just hands down amazing, i mean wow!!!! i hope it makes it for you ive had a few freinds try them out and they never made it. keep us posted!

i hope it makes it for you ive had a few freinds try them out and they never made it. keep us posted!

I had some problems with the wrasse when I first got him. He wouldn't eat anything; I tried freeze-dried mysis/brine, flakes, pellets, sinking pellets, frozen food, garlic...and nothing worked. Then I bought live pods, and he went CRAZY eating them (It was the first time he ate in over a week!)!! The next day I tried feeding him frozen shrimp, and he ATE! I guess the pods sparked his appetite. Ever since then, he's been a breeze to care for... :sfish:

tank looks awesome. Love the aquascaping :Cheers:

The skimate color is reallly light...

The aquascaping took a LONG time, so I'm glad you like it!! :D As for the skimmate color, the skimmer is only 2 weeks old, so it's still breaking in. I had an Octopus HOB on the aquarium for the past 5 months until I finally got around to making a sump...

CORALS!!! FINALLY!! I promised pictures! :mrgreen:

Candy Coral
DSC01776.jpg

Zoanthids
DSC01774.jpg

Green Leather Toadstool
DSC01773.jpg

Metallic Bi-Color Frogspawn
DSC01778.jpg

Purple-Tip Frogspawn
DSC01777.jpg

Green Acropora
DSC01756.jpg

Red Pocilliopora
DSC01775.jpg

Green Pocilliopora
DSC01758.jpg

Neon Green Montipora
DSC01772.jpg

Green Florida Riccordea Mushrooms
DSC01794.jpg

More Zonathids
DSC01789.jpg

DSC01788.jpg

DSC01780.jpg

Tank Shot w/ Most of the Corals in Place:
DSC01797.jpg

Thanks guys!! :sfish: I hope they all have a MAJOR GROWTH SPURT in the near future!! You can't even see half of the frags in the full tank shot because they're so small. With time, though...they should look pretty awesome! :D

Wow you got a lot of stuff! The monti may grow relatively quickly, but SPS in general are pretty slow growers. The others should take off, though.

Yeah...I splurged. :D Any suggestions to help the growth of the little acro? I put it at the top right side of the aquarium (high light and high flow). It's sooooo tiny, and I'm kinda worried about it...

make sure to keep an eye on your calcium, 6 small hard corals probably won't deplete it too fast. But, you want it to be high enough to keep those corals growing!

Back