Slm32123 35g hex

slm32123

Reefing newb
Hey guys, heres my 35 gallon hex. I am going to show you when i first set it up, a couple months after, and now.

Here is the first setup about 8 months ago
FirsSetup4.jpg

FirsSetup.jpg

Here is the second setup about 5 months ago
This was the original aquascape, but i didnt think it was high enough.
SecondSetup.jpg
\
So I tried this scape
SecondSetup1.jpg

The second scape was good all the way until 3 days ago when my aunt came into town and bought all these corals and fish for me!

Here is the tank now! all the corals have only been in for 3 days and they open and close when they want.

Here is the new light... its a 24" coralife lunar aqualight. 2x65w PC with lunar LEDs
NewLight.jpg

Here is the kenya tree
KenyaTree.jpg

Here is the Feather dusters
Feathers.jpg

Here is where the cleaner shrimp likes to sit. Atinic only
CleanerAtinic.jpg

Heres the xenia, and green polyp toadstool leather
Xenia.jpg

GSP only a couple open polyps right now, atinics
GSP.jpg

Hepatus tang
Hepatus.jpg

Coral Beauty
CoralBeauty.jpg

And the frogspawn is the centerpiece, but hasnt opened up yet :grumble: its about football sized when all the way open and currently has 5 heads
Frogspawn.jpg

Here is the FTS with all lights
FTSalllights.jpg

FTS atinics
FTSatinic.jpg

FTS moonlights
FTSlunar.jpg

And here is my nem, not sure what kind, cant get any better photos because its sitting in the back left... :frustrat:
Anyone know what kind it is?
Nem11.jpg

Nem12.jpg

Nem1.jpg

Nem13.jpg

I am thinking a condi, because its not bleached, with just the atinics on its such a vibrant green, almost a neon green. but the white just overpowers the blue.

Nice tank! Can you have that blue tang in a 35 gallon tank?? I thought you needed a much larger tank, but im a newb so I dont know much.. lol.

Yeah, I will need a much larger tank, but right now shes smaller than my clown, same thing with the coral beauty, but i am in the process of setting up a 75, so this will force me to get all the equipment faster

I did a little looking online, and i think it is actually a green bubble tip nem. i hope i have enough light for him. 2x65w PC... so 130w total which is just under 4 wpg, and the nem is about 2 feet below the lights... :shock::dunno: i hope it is enough, what signs should i look for to know if he starts to turn south. he has been open all the way every day so far and it eating fine. and he picked the spot hes in

I did a little looking online, and i think it is actually a green bubble tip nem. i hope i have enough light for him. 2x65w PC... so 130w total which is just under 4 wpg, and the nem is about 2 feet below the lights... :shock::dunno: i hope it is enough, what signs should i look for to know if he starts to turn south. he has been open all the way every day so far and it eating fine. and he picked the spot hes in

I don't think it's enough light. They need about twice as much light. You can tell that it's not enough light by the anemone's color -- it does not look healthy.

its actually colored up since ive put it in there. it was much more white. it chose that spot, and sits there nice and low to the rock (not extending its stalk). I will monitor it closely however.

In the mean time, how long does it take for a frogspawn to open up all the way usually. it was about the size of a football in the store.

I would be concerned about your lighting. B/c your tank is so tall. Tanks like that are better off with a Metal Halide to penetrate to the bottom better. So having bare min lighting and being so deep, that might be the prob with ur frogspawn :dunno:

You should listen to these guys, i tend to agree about your lighting. it might be 4 watts per gallon, but your height of the tank does not allow penetrations as PC bulbs have a very low par rating.

good that the aneome is colored up a bit, he is nice looking, as bad as it is, a bleached anemone looks the best haha.

I say give your frogspawn more light. Most likely thats the problem

ok, i am looking at the fish need it lights, specifically the 150w mh, would that be enough light for this tank, because if i can get them to take this light back at the store, i can spend 20 bucks more and get the fishneedit light

Back