Team Seahorse Contest Deco

Picasso

Seahorse Whisperer
I know I said it last time. This time, I'm older and wiser. Spent the last year researching the mystery of gut-loaded baby brine shrimp and I'm ready to make the plunge.

My pico will be a dwarf seahorse tank: Hippocampus Zosterae!

I got my tank in today and I can't wait to get it wet! Dwarfs can be killed from an aiptasia sting or even hydroids so my tank will be started from scratch, no live rocks, no live sand and any macro or corals that do go in there will be cleaned and quarantined before they see the inside of my tank. Right now, I've got a 5 gallon bucket of 'dry' sand, 'dry' rock and saltwater becoming "live."

Go Team Seahorse!

C

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Team Seahorse Contest Pico

Super Cool! This looks like it's going to be an awesome contest! I can't wait to see how your pico turns out, Catherine!! :mrgreen:

Re: Team Seahorse Contest Pico

Yay, another entrant! And I see you are already showing the other participants the cards in your hand! I'm keeping my plans top secret! :D

OK, so I've officially wet the tank! Here's the before pictures:

5137887753_4fe9abd839_z.jpg

and a close up of the date:
5137888051_b6dfefdc10_z.jpg

And, here it is all wet with the rocks I've been cycling since, June:
5137887217_03cfe96143_z.jpg

Like I said before, I'm doing dwarf ponies! Got lots of stuff ordered, woot!

C

Wow! I think you're serious about this contest. Already wet; didn't waste any time did you? :Cheers:

David, I'm probably not going to be able to finish this competition mostly because I'm doing dwarf ponies. It is going to be almost impossible to get everything up and running because of the timing and the lack of ability to mod the tank. I'm playing along but I guarantee, I'll be breaking rules soon which will disqualify me.

C

Back