10 gallon sump

blando

Reefing newb
hey guys need your help. Want to build a sump tank I got the 10 gallon tank just need help how to do it. Like trying to figure the messurments for the baffles and I want to use live rock. Also not sure what to use from getting the water to sump then back out so any suggestions there be great. I looked at YouTube a lot of ppl drilling I dont want to drill into the tank. Thanks! :)

Im going to be installing mine tomorrow. I left 1 inch between the over under over bubble trap baffles with an inch and a quarter gap from the the bottom for the middle one. Intake needs only to be big enough for your skimmer and other equipment. Return just as big as you need for the pump in my case a rio 1400. I'm using an eshopps pf-300 overflow because I also couldn't drill my tank. The return section is where you will be seeing the evap so I left mine a litter bigger than necessary.

just make sure u understand the dimensions of your return pump, heater, and skimmer(if its going down there). but also u wanna give urself as much room as possible for rock and macroalgae.

Back