100% sure this time. 10G nano begins tomorrow.

PringlesLFE

Mmm...Salty.
Hey everyone,
Sorry to have wasted everyone's time about my 20L and 46 Bow I never completely started. I was contemplating last night (after I asked all the questions about lighting the 46) to take a break from this hobby for a year until I moved to a place and had the money to properly take care of a reef. I've 100% decided for once, that i'll be doing a 10G nano in my room.
This is mostly because i'm giving my 20long to a friend to use as a leopard gecko tank and the 46 gallon literally takes up 1/4 of my tiny room.
Starting tomorrow, I will be building a cabinet/shelf for my room from leftover pieces of wood from my father's old walk-in closet and combining it with my wire-frame 36'' rack I had used for the 20long. Time to test my carpentry skills. :frustrat:

Once I clean out my formerly planted tank tmrw, I'll be spraying the back black and starting a 10G nano build! Look for it!

I'm also happy about going with a 10G nano b/c I don't have to worry about RO/DI units as of now (no money, no space for one), I can actually afford to buy water for this sized tank!

Specs: (Tentative)
-Live Rock (10-15 lbs.)
-Live Sand (~10 - 20 lbs.)
-Aquaclear Filter (Forgot which model, will attempt to mod into mini-fuge)
-Ocellaris Clowns (2)

-Will most likely be buying this 70W MH (based on Biff's--inspired me lol)
70W Metal Halide Pendant Lights

-I'd like to try keeping these corals:
-Neon Green Palau Nephthea
-Some Ricordeas
-Giant Green Polyp Duncan
-Pulsing Xenias
-Sun polyps
-Torch Corals?
-Frogspawn (I read they're not too fond of halides...opinions?)

--I also previously purchased a petco brand powerhead (20-40G) I can't seem to find the GPH rating for it online (left the box at home). I'm worried it'll be too strong for a 10G because even in the 46G it felt pretty strong.
---Side note: I only bought this because it was cheap and my last three powerheads all crapped out on me.

lol sorry I swear it's sitting next to my bedside at this very moment. I set it up the day after I posted but also started doing intense renovating, repairing, and cleaning of this crappy apartment i moved in to. I haven't been able to grab hold of a camera and feel crappy doing a build thread without any pictures :helm2:

General layout:
+Old flourescent hood that came with the 10G (Temporary)
-Using (2) 15W Compact Flourescent 50/50 bulbs
+ Modified Aquaclear30 w/ Chaeto and LR rubble

~10 lbs of LR. Gave some to Aftershock to seed his tank that doesn't seem to be cycling
~15 lbs of LS. Just moved it over from my old 20G

+(1) Ocellaris Clown
+(1) Skunk Cleaner shrimp
+(3) Astrea Snail
+(2) Banded Trochus Snail

Soon! I'm trying to figure out what else to add to my CUC.
I'm thinking maybe two more trochus and four or five nassarius?
Also kind of want to add a Mithrax Crab.
Would a peppermint shrimp on top of all this be too much?

Next step: Wait till my paycheck comes and get some lights!

Wow so my cleaner shrimp just molted. I starte freaking out cus it looks basically like the shrimp got it's eyes eaten and head split open but then I realized it was just the shell lol. It's still clinging onto a rock sideways somehow! Crazy stuff. Wish I had a camera to share it =[

Back