10g addition

wontonflip

I failed Kobayashi Maru
Ok, so I'm going to try my hand at the 10g again. I'm going to plumb it with the 125g. This is my daughter's project, but my last attempt at a stand alone sumpless 10g failed in that I had bad algae problems and it was very smelly. So this time, I figure, if I plumb it with the 125g, then I save money on equipment, and I get more water volume, hence less chance of a crash.

This is going to be reef :D So we'll probably get the 4 LEDs we have now and use those on this tank. I'll probably start off with some shrooms. Once I get my nitrates lowered even more, I will get a feather duster as well. Do you think 2 clowns would be ok in there? Just those 2 guys, a few cuc, and a shrimp. I'm going to try to get paired clowns, medium size. It will be an open top (last time in that tank, it had a closed top, contributing to the poor circulation I think). Also going for black sand! Got a small bag or Caribsea.

Thoughts? Advice?

Yes, please do. I'm curious about how the lighting will work out since I'm considering a DIY LED setup for a pico in the distant future.

Yea! :^:Another build thread.:^:
LOL NOt quite yet :) I've been going back and forth if I wanted to connect it to the 125 or not. I know it would benefit my 10g much more in the long run, but I'm looking at layout issues and stuff.

I did get a small bag of black sand, so thanks for the advice, David. It's already rinsed out and ready for me to put in the 10g. Might not be enough, though, cuz it's only enough for a 5g tank. But I really don't want much sand -- just enough to cover the bottom.

You guys don't think 2 ocellaris would be too much for it? Cuz if it is, I'll just a couple of Tangs in there. That should work out better ;)

If you can tie it into your 125 that would be great, but I can see where plumbing issues could arise. Good luck implementing everything.

Back