10g F/O questions

lancen34

Reefing newb
I am just starting to get into SW and looking to start a 10g tank right now. I will be moving in the next year and plan a larger project at that time.

My plan is to do a 10g fish only tank with live rock and live sand. My question is, will there be anythign I need besides the LR, LS and a maxi-jet 400 powerhead 106gph? I plan to just have 1 or 2 clownfish or 1 clown and 1 goby. In the future possibly add lighting and a BTA for the clownfish.

Anything I am missing just to get started? Obviously I know about the salt, test kits and what not, just asking for tank specifics.

Thanks

I just set up a 10 gallon for my son....it now has 1 clown ,1 goby and a peppermint shrimp....
i would add an HOB of some kind for filtration

Just make sure to do regular water changes. My 10g fowlr had 1 firefish, 1 goby, and 1 pistol shrimp, 1 koralia 1 powerhead, and a crappy Rio HOB skimmer...but I neglected it, and it was just covered with cyano and filth. I think I could have avoided that if I did more regular water changes.

I would suggest yes. The more movement, the better. Plus you'll need a powerhead to graze the sandbed to keep algae/cyano from forming. I would have wanted 2 powerheads, but I don't think I could fit 2 LOL

Back