10k,12k lighting ?

Well Ive been running my fixture since i got it in the mail 6 months ago and im getting ready to change the bulbs out before they just go out on me and then i end up scrambleing to get a bulb.

I currently have (2) 39w 12k Odyssea Daylights and (2) 39w Actinc Odyssea bulbs

They aren't staggard. The two daylights are next to eachother and the blues are too obviously. First question would be should they be staggared? One day one blue one day one blue? The other question being, are there any good combo's of lighting that you have changed to, and seen a BIG change in your coral growth and look? Should i have one 10k and one 12k? Whats the best HO T5 bulbs out there? Any suggestions on the combination of bulbs i should get will be really helpful, or am i good with what i have?

I ran 14k HQI on my nano and it was great. If you go higher in number the bluer it will become. The 12k is similar to noon light if I am not mistaking.

You'll probably see the best growth from 10k bulbs but it'll be pretty yellow. You can supplement with actinics possibly 2 10k and fiji purple and/or blue+ bulbs.

I wanna try 10k bulbs for 6 months just to see if there is a difference in growth between 12 and 10k bulbs....think i might give it a shot.....

Was kinda hoping the T5 users would chime in with what they are usin...

This is what i want to eventually upgrade to. But until i do id like to her some opinions on what the better bulb is for coral growth. Are all Actinic bulbs the same?

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Extreme-Output-Aquarium-Lighting-Fixture/dp/B0017UB3GW]Amazon.com: Nova Extreme Pro T5 High Output Aquarium Lighting Fixture - 6 x 39W - 36 in.: Kitchen & Dining[/ame]

Ok, with that being said Cage, There are many different combination of those bulbs that can be used, example. I have 4 slots to fill..

ATI Blue Plus
ATI Aquablue Special
ATI Aquablue Special
ATI Blue Plus

ATI Blue Plus
ATI Aquablue Special
ATI Puerple Plus
ATI True Actinic

Ect...

go with 2 aqua blue specials and the 2 blue plus, I wouldnt put the purple or true attinic in your fixture just cuz its a 4 bulb and you need all the power you can get, using the 2 aqua blues will be much more efficient. The first set looks good.

if you do get those bulbs, before you turn them on make sure your sitting down. The color youll see in your corals might be a bit overwhelming and fainting is possible. Make sure you have a buddy there to catch you if you fall lol.

if you do get those bulbs, before you turn them on make sure your sitting down. The color youll see in your corals might be a bit overwhelming and fainting is possible. Make sure you have a buddy there to catch you if you fall lol.

LMFAO..okay then thats what ill do. How long should i wait in changing out each bulb. Say take out one bulb tomorrow, insert 1 new one, wait 1,2,3 days, then add another? One a week? I was told once upon a time not to change them all at once or was this not true?

i change all my bulbs out at the same time. I wouldnt be to worried about a spike in parr, if you want you can do 2 a day if it makes you feel better

Well if YOU do it, why cant I lol...Well i get paid this friday or next friday(not sure, new job) so whenever that happens ill be changing them out, Really interested in how this is going to look.

Back