120 pre drilled tank help

bhill27

Reefing newb
okay i wanna buy a 120 pre-drilled tank but it has 2 corner flow things, does this mean i need 2 sumps or can i have both the flow areas go to my 20 long DIY sump? please help thanks

Enough capacity for what? To catch the backflow from a 120g? Maybe depending on your set up and how long your pipes are from the dt to your sump. A 20g would not accomodate the extra water coming down my overflow pipes. My return has a check valve so I'm not too worried about that. But with my internal pump being so powerful, it has to sit under so many inches of water to prevent microbubbles from spitting out. A 20g wasn't deep enough.

Just use a rubbermaid tub :D

Maybe a mod should move this thread.

I have a 20 long for my sump,,just keep your return right to the point where it is just under your DT level,,,,makes a nice wave ,ripple affect across the surface too...i have checked and tested mine and it does not overflow....although a check valve is obviously the best way to do it

well i have a battery back up power strip that could run my system for days and we have a generator so the power out wasnt a concern of mine

Back