125 t5 lighting

I have disagree with the great MOD Bff.I got this from the T5 guru on Reef Central,the Grimreaper and others.SPS can be keep up to 24'' with T5's that have individual reflectors.So for me SPS will be 2-3'' off the sand bed at least.

For ones that have individual reflectors... But the T5s I was running did not have individual reflectors, so I wouldn't keep anything light intensive below 18" with them.

Like others have said, make sure you get individual reflectors.

But, why not go with MH? There are some resonable ones out there.

biff or ref i think ill go with biff because dhe helps me out with alot of stuff sorry guys and ill get the halides off aquatraders but do i have to get a chiller

i don't have a chiller on my 125 gallon with metal halides on it in summer i would get a little warm but i got a tower fan that blows across tank while lights are on. Even with fan off never gets past 84. I don't think you will need one unless you use a canopy or something to that effect that would trap heat in.

this light is so big and stand legs were very short so i notched out 2x4 for legs to sit in so it would be sturdy plus the weight alone. but there 6 to 7 inches off water and no heat issues. i run a 30l" x 4d" x 12"t hang on fuge with rio 1400 feeding water to it, and remora pro and regular remora skimmers, no room in stand for a sump cause it has doors and shelves and pull out doors in it. I use korali # 4 and mj mod 1200 med flow kit.

IM000903_858175.JPG

one small fan blowing across top of tank would probally work for ya, would worry to you get it setup and watch what happens with temps

For ones that have individual reflectors... But the T5s I was running did not have individual reflectors, so I wouldn't keep anything light intensive below 18" with them.

My T-5s dont have individual reflectors either.But I have SPS sitting right on the sand,and there completely thriving.
BTW,My sand bed is only about 1/2" deep.

Nope D
She's a typicial female.Show me one that aint bull headed,i'll show you one that aint breathing.:mrgreen:

Back