125 up and running (pics)

Damseluver

Reefing newb
A photographer I am not. A few of my leathers are not to pleased with the move right now but otherwise no problems other than haveing a bunch of empty space to fill up. Looks like my visa card may get a work out in the near future

tank2.jpg

Picture004.jpg

Picture003.jpg

Picture001.jpg

Last edited:
r u going to fill that extra space in or leave it empty. i like the look of the extra space and more room for more fish.lol

Not sure what I may do next. I found some 18 inch 40 watt t5s that I can set width wise and use my 48 inch nova pro for the middle. Maybe softys on the edges of the reef and the light lovers up high in the middle. A 72 inch fixture is not in the budget any time soon.

There is a tang in the tank. Powder brown but hes camera shy. Maybe get a pic tomorrow. He did discover his algae clip today and eats well. Petco fish so I am pretty sure hes parasite exposed but showing no signs thus far. Keeping my fingers crossed on that one. Had him in the 75g for about a week and a half prior to his move to the 125 yesterday so hes been through a bit lately. Seems to be a shy but tuff little guy

for a guy who likes easy fish, you have a tough one!!! :mrgreen:

Powder "anything" fish are tough to keep alive. I enjoyed the pics. Great looking start. I look forward to more

-Doc

Its not so much the degree of difficulty as the price tag doc. In the case of petco if you go in the evening after the regular aquarium guy clocks out one of there lackeys will be there and they are easy to confuse.

In the case of the powder brown I just pointed at him and asked "how much for the tang?". She just started looking at price tags until she saw one with the word tang and lucky for me it was a yellow tang. PB for the price of a yellow, could not pass it up.

Actually petco has the best prices in my area and all the LFS get there fish from the same wholesaler in my area. If I am looking for something specific fish wise I usually arrange to pick up on the morning it arrives at the retailer before it even comes out of the shipping bag. I know this goes against the usual advice but IMO my odds are better if the fish sees one less screwed up holding system and goes straight to me.

Were the LFS are concerned in my area the holding tanks mean either parasite exposure or massive doses of copper. My philosophy on this is just give me the dam fish before you have a chance to kill it.

Back