12G original nano cube lighting question

krazydy

Reefing newb
:question: Hi all. I was given a 12G original nano cube that I setup and I'm currently cycleing and i just wanted to know with the stock light that is 24w 50/50 bulb what can i keep in the tank as far as coral is concerned?:sfish:

Maybe some mushrooms, xenia, green star polyps and sun corals. Please understand the care required for the sun coral though. I hope that helps.

A nice idea might be to "invest" in some cool looking, reef-safe crabs? I have had thoughts of scarlet hermits or a sally light-legs that could really get comfy in a quiet tank..with a couple of (choice) coral that would be nice.

so how long after my tank cycles do you think i should wait to add coral ? I already ahave about 10 blue leg hermits and had 5 snails but 2 died when my tanks temp spiked accidently to 87.9 deg due to a faulty heater that was staying on all the time.

I'd personally wait a couple of weeks. Are you going to have any fish? If so, I'd add them first and let the tank cycle again since you'd have a mini cycle. If it was a larger system I wouldn't be to concerned.

Back