130 watts of light

DavidA717

Soon to be Reef Expert
I am just now setting up my 30 gallon tank. my light fixture is 130 watts. is this enough to accomodate some corals. if so let me know of some.

Shrooms, kenya tree, xenia, zoanthids, ricordia, GSP, and mos any other softys. You should also let your tank mature for a few months after the cycle to make sure you got it ready. Since your a mewbe your best bet to start will be the GSP those thing are tuff.

You should be able to keep soft corals and many if not most large polyp stonies depending on placement.

Soft corals are the easiest:Mushrooms,Kenyas,Colt,Green Star Polyps(GSP),leather corals like Toadstools,Devils Hand,Thin Fingers make some of the easiest corals to keep

**I would let your tank mature a little longer for Xenias...either they grow like weeds in some peoples tanks or die mysteriously.**

LPS wise,Hammers,Frogspawns,Bubbles and Torches,a little more light demanding and feeding but still fairly easy.

The best placement is LPS top half and softies bottom half,this is just a guideline,there are exceptions to the rule.Good luck on your first corals.

If you want a good confidence boosting coral,then get yourself a kenya tree.Shoot,If you feel like making the trip come get some of mine,lol.
Just make sure your cycle is done before you start adding anything.

Back