14 Gallon BioCube Ideas

My LFS do saltwater only. They don't do anything brackish.

But Cath says I can do seahorses as long as I don't try to keep mated pairs -- that they need the 18" to be able to transfer eggs, and if they are the same gender, the height of the tank isn't as important. She recommended getting 4 for a tank my size. I think I'm going to go for it.

I asked Christian about it, and he only rolled his eyes, so that's a go! :lol:

Wohoo! Because you are going to try and get all of one sex, try and get older seahorses. When they are young i know they can change sex, but i think they wont if they are older . . .

And get girls, the boys suck, they are so boring, they just hang around in their man cave with their stupid friends ;) But really, get girls, 100000x better

Make a Ricodera/Zoanthid tank =) I bet that's a vibrant combination. Ever since I saw ricoderas, I loved the pattern/colors!

But Cath says I can do seahorses as long as I don't try to keep mated pairs -- that they need the 18" to be able to transfer eggs, and if they are the same gender, the height of the tank isn't as important. :lol:

Woah, partner.... Cath said you could get by with a 15 inch tank if you keep a very small sand bed, only get one gender so you don't have the egg transfer problem and aquascape your tank such that they have lots of vertical room. Height does matter, they are vertically oriented creatures. I also said you could do 4 but I wouldn't suggest that to most people because you know how to keep a tank in healthy parameters most would find it challenging with that many horses in there.

You'll want to get your macro and other hitching posts pretty well established. I have a biocube and the light is pretty intense, you said yours is older but you may want to make sure you've got some macro floating to give them shade if they need it.

You're going to really enjoy this! I'm soooooo happy for you!!!!!! :bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce:

C

Wohoo! Because you are going to try and get all of one sex, try and get older seahorses. When they are young i know they can change sex, but i think they wont if they are older . . .

And get girls, the boys suck, they are so boring, they just hang around in their man cave with their stupid friends ;) But really, get girls, 100000x better

Girls go to jupiter to get more s-----er..................Whats up Hannah? =D

Errrrrrrmmmm... So I went to the store to get a new powerhead and sand for my BioCube... And came home with a new stand, LED light setup, and a 30 gallon tall bowfront...

It's 30" tall. That should be better for the horses. :D

So I guess the 14 gallon BioCube shall remain in the shed! :lol:

Petsmart! It's Marineland brand. It only comes with the tank, stand and lights. It was on sale. It's a sharp looking tank! And the LEDs are BRIGHT!! I was pleasantly surprised with the lighting. I thought, "Oh these will be some crap LEDs". But no!

It was REALLY CHEAP. I wouldn't have bought it otherwise... I just took pics of it. Check out my new build thread for more details!

Back