14 gallon biocube tank.. issue

umm . . . hello . . . ..

brine has almost no nutritional value, its like candy for fish. You are much better off feeding something like Rod's food which can be bough at LFS or the other variety packs found at places like petco/petsmart

read what I wrote before you insult someone.

You're saying you feed enriched brine shrimp?

Yes which was recommended by a Marine Biologist who has 22 years worth of experience with reef tanks and saltwater fish and no he does not own the LFS or work there for that matter haha.

I also dont just feed them that. I switch between them and Marine flakes.

Last edited:
unless those enriched brine are frozen within a few hours of being "fed" you dont get the additional nutrients, and considering the industrial processes used to get these food sources i highly doubt that they are actually enriched.

Once again, you are far better off feeding variety of other high quality meaty foods.

as much as I would want to disagree with you. You are right about that. However it is availability for me. I have a little pool of Saltwater fish stores around me and most of them are crap so normally I rely on ordering online and I have to deal with what I can afford and what I can get.

I will have to check them out I was never a good fan of Petco or petsmart for that matter so what is your recommendation for food from them? I will go pick some up and give that a try

At the begining i was using regular tap water but over the 5 weeks everytime i do a water change i use ro water from my LFS.. So, is hakira brine shrimp not ok to feed my fish? sorry i got a little lost with everything said.lol

switch between the Brine shrimp and the marine flakes or invest in the Frozen foods little fish recommended from petco/petsmart

@ Sir Alex:Is ROD's food like a mixed variety of frozen food..

@ Little_fish: was wondering what do u suggest for feeding a pistol shrimp.. i've been using these pellets i bought frm my LFS and he seems to be ok with them.. I just want my pistol shrimp to have a variety of food..

thanks
jep

you can feed it, but dont make it your main food source. You can give it as a treat every few weeks though.

Some good frozen foods are: emerald entree, formula 1 and 2 by ocean nutrition, blood worms, mysid shrimp, squid, clams etc. Just get a few different things and rotate through them. Variety is the spice of life and key to a balanced diet

Your pistol shrimp will pickup what the fish miss, you dont need to worry about feeding him specifically

Also i would use about a quarter of the cube if you are feeding one fish.

Also if you can find Rod's food at your local LFS (petco/petsmart wont carry it) its one of the best foods out there IMO

Ic.. ok i'll probably look into getting some frozen foods.. i just wanna give my fish and inverts a good variety so they wont get bored off of one type.. just called my LFS Midwest coral farms.. and they have Rods food there:)..

thanks
jep

i got ya.. thank you very much :)
Will post pictures of my tank soon.. as soon as i find out how to upload the images.lol

thanks
jep

Back