150.. work in progress

the way the naso took to him makes me feel like he had been lonely all this time.
As soon as he hit the water he came right up to him and hasnt moved away since..
I was glad to see that then any issues..

was just working on the tank, thought I would throw a couple quick pics up..

120515_0000.jpg

120515_0001.jpg

120515_0010.jpg

Last edited:
I have to say it took awhile to start noticing changes ( was getting quite annoying ), but once things settled in at about the 8 month point, now it seems like things are growing daily..
The coraline once filled in really brings out everything in the tank..

Thought I would update a couple pics of the seahorse tank. Coiuldnt get the seahorses the rocks are in a horseshoe shape and they love going in the back.. Will get a couple pics of them when I can..
120610_0005.jpg

120610_0007.jpg

120610_0008.jpg

120610_0009.jpg

120610_0010.jpg

120610_0011.jpg

Everything is growing really quickly, as you can see I threw some corals in that love alot of food in the tanks..

coming along. Seahorses seem to like the corals in there so far, hated putting that short tentacle plate up there but with the lower light level didnt give me many options. But seems to love the spot its in...

cant get much more open then it is.. funny watching it grab mysis and stuff when I feed the horses.. Really loves getting food a few times a day not to mention the tank is loaded with pods...

the other day I was watching it eat and for the first time I noticed what, well only way I can describe it was a tongue come out of its mouth the food was pushed to that then it pulled it all in. First time I had ever seen it do that before.. Usually it just opens its mouth and pulls the food in..

Howdy,
Been away for a bit. Started on a couple new projects plus had some problems with the 150.. Heater broke while I was gone sending my temp up over 86 tried to slowly lower it but was too late on a couple things.. Thought I was going to lose most everything but all slowly has come back to life ( was worried all the SPS closed up solid and most looked completely bleached out) monti caps turned from a brilliant orange to a very pale pink.. But just about everything has come back.. Only lost one SPS a clam and my cleaner shrimp and some snails.. Hard to believe the two nems the LTA and the BTA both made it through it.. Now I have been fighitng some algae issues since then but all in all I wont complain.. Will put a couple pics on tomorrow if I can, here is a couple of the 45.. the green kenya is growing nicely, about 5 inches tall and 5 to 6 in diameter.. The short tentacle plate and zoas all seem to really be thriving..
1347750457961.jpg

1347750403862.jpg

1347750289573.jpg

And here is a pic of the other projects..
104.jpg

they are 5 weeks old and getting ready to go outside in another week or so..
We also started with a couple pigs and 2 goats, will get pics soon.. Next up is the fenceing and barn for a couple cows..

Back