150g 48" tank lighting

some people have said that they have had problems with them. i have never tried one so i really dont know what to tell you i think lionfish has one. i think i would try it as long as they were all electrionc balasts

i have 24IN. t5s and they run relly cool and lionfish has the 72 incher wit electronic ballast and i dont think hwe has any probs. i say go for it im gonna be getting a skimmer at my house from them on monday or tuesday

If you get them please post back here because I may consider getting the same lights. But I probably won't be buying until another month or so.

Well I'v been reading up a lot of them and I'v only only heard bad things to tell you the truth. Worst being that they have started a few fires. Im thinking I dont really want to take the risk, but well see if I can find anything else I can afford.

I recently upgraded to 48in metal hallides and considered these. I read up on them because I was wondering why they were so cheap (price wise). I read of several articles about them starting fires and decided that I didn't want to risk the life of my wife and kids and went ahead and bought the more expensive orbit sunpod. Good luck. Do your research.

I would suggest getting a couple 250 watt or 400 watt halides in Lumenarc reflectors and using an electronic ballast to power them (I use IceCap ballasts). 24" wide tanks really benefit from the Lumenarc reflectors and the difference should be apparent when compared to lights from a company like Aquatraders.com. Remember that you get what you pay for.

Back