150g Bow Front I may get

Altohombre

The Tennis Pro Reefer
a guy is selling it for $150 bucks. He says the dimensions are 6ft x 2ft x 2ft. I am trying to find out if it is reef ready and asking for some pictures. He had a 300g he was selling for $275 but it sold out. I am guessing he somewhat knows what he was doing if he had these big tanks, but you never can be sure. I have no way of picking it up, and also would have to haul it up a flight of stairs and could be moving in 5 months if my one roommate moves out. I just feel like it is almost too good to be true. Am I wrong?

What are some limitations of a 150g? Could I keep most fish I would want in there? Are lights available for it?

Last edited:
Wow, I have never even seen a 150 gallon bow front. At only 24 inches deep that would make a great SPS display tank. Right at that range for a spit decision on T-5's or halide. Me of course, I would go principally halide with T-5's actinics, but I imagine Reefreak could find a cheap source for some six foot Nova Extreme Pro's. Hum, 1000 watts versus 500 watts. Faster SPS growth and fuller tank with high utility bill or slower SPS growth with half the utility bill. Really that is an excellent deal. It would probably cost $750 to $1000 new here in Fairbanks, Alaska. I do not know what the cost down there. But any large tank that can be bought cheap that is as wide as it is tall is a great deal. The only other tanks above a 40 gallon breeder that is that ideal for a reef tank is the 120 gallon and the 180 gallon. All the others are two deep and are better suited to fish and soft corals. I would pay triple for that tank up here, in a heart beat. Nice!

Last edited:
Actually medal halide would be the ideal choice for that size tank.You won't get any arguments from me.I'm not anti-MH,just people need to be aware of what you mention,mainly electricity consumption and heat.Not only to the tank but to the entire room.We all can't live in Alaska.

That's a great price Alto,good luck,hope you get it.

Since the tank is 6 feet long, lighting should not be a problem to find. Expensive, yes, but difficult, no. If you go with halides, you can either get several hanging pendants or one long hanging strip. On my tank (which is 7 feet long), I have a 6-foot halide/T5 combo fixture that hangs from the ceiling.

I am not sure what to expect from this guy. His email was a couple days I initially responded and wasn't such great proper english. I'm not getting my hopes up. I also don't have a car to get it or a place to store it till I get stuff.

Actually medal halide would be the ideal choice for that size tank.You won't get any arguments from me.I'm not anti-MH,just people need to be aware of what you mention,mainly electricity consumption and heat.Not only to the tank but to the entire room.We all can't live in Alaska.

That's a great price Alto,good luck,hope you get it.
Actually, Alaska is huge. Definitely every reefer who wanted to live up here could have plenty of elbow room and there would still be the majority untouched. The military have more land leased to them up here than most states down there contain within their boundaries.

Alto snag it up! 6x2x2 is the same dimensions as my 180 so Im thinking that the 2 foot must be the center point of the bow? Sounds like a good deal though.

this guy hasn't written back in two days. Either sold, he doesn't need it out soon, or he doesn't have access to the computer much.

Bummer, that is a good deal if you can possibly make it. If nothing else it should be easy to unload at a profit if you end up not wanting it.

Back