155 gallon nightmare?

Do you think if you put a plant in there, while the water is in there, if you would be able to tell if anything is leeching into the water from the silicone? Like if the plant doesn't do well then its not safe?

I am glad the owner is trying to do right by you! I do agree with you that you should give them a chance to make it right before getting too upset, although it is difficult not to get upset right away!

Filling it up with water and monitoring pH is certainly a very good idea. Most anti-fungal stuff is acidic. But check the pH before and after you pt it in the tank :)

Right now, the tank is at my house. It is going to be a while before I start setting it up so I'm going to fill it with salt water and watch the numbers. I'll keep checking the ph often. The local guys have told me that they will remove and replace with stuff I provide anytime even in a year or two if I wish. After talking to the manufacturer person I feel like this is the proper course of action. I won't put my horses in until I KNOW it's safe.

thanks,
Catherne

Ahhh, this is a good read for me, Im currently a business law student. In the end, verbal or non verbal, you have made a specified point that this is to be aquarium safe. If your animals die and the tank is not salvagable he is liable to pay you for a new tank.

The issue comes down to him being a knowledgeable source who was given all information so trust is to be given to him. His negligence in using the wrong silicon either because he was cheap or too lazy to check 100% if it was aquarium safe is his fault and has nothing to do with you or the manufacturer.

If this goes to court, there are certain cases which can be used in order to support you and there are case precidents that you will be able to win this.It is not always as clear cut as this, but from the situation, it seems you would have a strong case as long as your lawyer does some reasearch. I dont know about the US but i know in Australia we have the trade practices act which covers negligence and he would be liable under this clause. Im sure the US would have something similar.

hope it doesnt come to this, but thats just what ive learnt so far from being a business law student.

Good luck getting this tank going and hope nothing dies in it :)

Sorry to hear about this mess! My one suggestion is do not get a lawyer involved unless you know one personally lol. Im not sure about the cost of litigation in the states but up here in Canada a somewhat decent lawyer goes for aroudn 400-500 dollars an hour. To draft a letter and any ensuing action youll be shelling out thousands of dollars to an attorney. Unless of course I missed something and this tank cost you a lot of money. :P. Good luck with the tank, hopefully these glass people fix up their customer service

Back