180 gallon reef tank needs new home

Status
Not open for further replies.
sorry, wish you lived here. if so I would be interested in picking up a second 180. and it would definitely be a good home.

Please email me pictures please :) I am in Milwaukee so I am close. A 180 would make an awesome vlmangi tang tank :) ''Kidding'' Tang police, it was just a joke :) Also include information as to how old it is and the skimmer that is included with it. My email is [email protected]

why are you kidding. they arent tang police on this site and atleast two people on here have vlmangi tangs in 180's

A 20inch vlmangii tang would die from stress in a 180 ''It gets about 20+ inches long and about 1ft height. Freshwater fish that size would handle it. Saltwater fish couldnt. The stress and waste level wouldnt mix well in just a 180. A full size vlmangii needs atleast a 10ft long tank . You can keep one in a 180 for awhile until it reaches about 10 to 11inches. After that a 10ft+ long tank is a must. They need atleast a 500 to 1000g tank full size. No disrespect when I say this but you should really study your fish more. If the guy next door to you likes to smoke crack and his neighbor smokes crack are you going to tell someone else its okay to smoke crack because 2 other people you know are doing it?Same principal. Just because 2 other people are doing it dont make it okay. overly large marine fish do not belong in cramped enviroments. a 180g tank can house a Red Sea Purple, a Regal/Hepatus/ A Hawaiian Yellow and a few other smaller tangs'' not all together but in general. Oh the Kole is a great fish for even a 120. It stays around 6 inches full size.

It takes a looooong time for a vlamingi to get too large to fit in a 180. As in years and years and years. Most vlamingis are sold when they are around 6 inches long and rarely do you ever see full sized ones. A vlamingi would be fine in a 180 (six foot long tank) for quite a while. The only time I have ever seen a vlamingi that is 20+ inches is at a public aquarium.

Try to argue your point without being disrespectful to others.

Every fish is different even if they are the same species. I have seen 3 inch hepatus reach 8inches within 15 months. High quality water the right living enviroments and feeding plays a huge role as you know :) Wasnt trying to be disrespectful but pointing out that no a 20inch saltwater fish can not live in a 180. And the vlmangii isnt a 180 tank sized fish. At 3 to 8 inches I agree with you 100% its fine. But it will out grow its home within a couple years. But if you ''whoever in general'' wants one forever, it will never work as a permenant residence in just a 180/210. Im in the process of doing a 60x42x22 240 with 500 total gallons of volume and the biggest tang I would house would be the hepatus or the red sea purple. Anyhow sorry to the person who's thread this is. I jumped on here seeing a great deal on a good set up :) ''She has yet to get back to me'' I was setting up my 240 and seen this and thought it would make a good clown tank ''Yes pretty big for a clown but hey why not have a mansion for them for a bargin price .

For the record, there are two places to post aquaria on craigslist. Aquarium equipment as mentioned before is can be placed in the items for sale/general category as mentioned before. Living items can be found under community/pets as long as the ites being offered cost only an adoption or re-homing fee. They don't like people selling items in the pet community section only adoption.

Either pets or general on Craigslist would be a good bet. Works good here in Michigan. Wish I was closer. what part of Wisconsin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back