180 is no more!

Melonbob

Reef enthusiast
Well, gang, I can't believe it, but I sold the 180 today.....tank, light and all equipment. I am concentrating more on the business end, and decided to go with a smaller tank in the fish room instead! So get ready for a new build thread!

Anyways, I'm figuring something in the 65-90g range. I also have 3 36x12x12 tanks and the 46. I am figuring on running the 36 seperate as a fish tank for the business, and tying the three little ones and the new tank into one sump/system? Any input?

Bob did you sell the sfilgoi too? If not and you want to let me know! Sucks that the 180 had to go though but if the business end of the hobby is what you are after by all means good deal!

Last edited:
It would be best to keep all of you fish systems and coral systems separate that way you can medicate/quarantine as necessary. If you really want to be a top notch business you should medicated for internal parasites and quarantine all fish before selling them. Just my two cents.

Yeah, that why I had figured I'd keep the 46 dedicated to fish on its own system, and set up the other four together for coral.

I figure I can set up a 65-90 for a show tank, as a complete setup, and have the other three set up as sale tanks.

And yes, the Sfiligoi is sold with the system. A newb bought the whole thing as his first setup. I love someone who does it right the first time! Of course, I'm here to help him along the way

Well shoot! Talk him into metal halides! We can make a deal for my 2 250w and 400w icecaps and lumenarcs with Radiums that are only a couple months old, lol! No really DO IT! haha

Ive got something cooking on the back burner, why dont you post there website so I can track some stuff down. Have you seen the 12 bulb fixture?

Hate to hear that you got rid of the 180.That was an awesome tank.But I'm sure the newb that got it,will have it back in all its glory with your help.
The store I help at keeps every system seperate,even the coral systems.That if one happens to crash,it dont take the others with it.

Back