1g Amphipod Tank Has Been Born!

nah i wish biff was here to send me some chaetos but i can buy in the store but her is big so she can give extras :3 but she quitted or something :/

flakes? and how about the phytoplankton that is liquidy in the store in a fridge?

Flakes:

Ocean Nutrition Prime Reef Flake Food

I have no idea if that's what they want, it's just what I have on hand so I put some in for them and I see them eat it so I keep feeding it to them. I only put in 3 or four flakes a couple times a week. I have no idea about the liquid phyto seems like it would be too small because some of my amphipods grow to be about a quarter of an inch. Try it?

C

so i feed the amphipods and copepods 2-3 flakes once a week and 1 teaspoon of plankton another week?

1 teaspoon is way too much! I feed just a few flakes that have been broken up OR I put in a tiny pinch of the dried plankton. Tiny pinch means about the same as a couple grains of rice. Tiny, tiny bit. They will find plenty of food by eating the algae off the rocks and sides of the tank. So, I'm adding just a tiny bit of food once maybe twice a week. I don't have a schedule for my pod tank if it looks really clean I'll ad a bit of food, if it looks like there is some algae I don't add food. Amphipods are very hardy. They handle swings in water salinity easily. I keep a bunch in my red shrimp tank and that tank is at 1.019 salinity. Be sure to keep the water clean and you'll have a ton of bugs before you know it.

C

Back