1st tiny zenia what to do...

janet

Reefing newb
I have just bought my first tiny zenia. After acclimatizing it, I have put it into my aquarium. How do I anchor it down, or will it do it itself? It's just floating along on the bottom of the tank at the moment.
Thanks
Janet

umm have you seen the pics of my tank i do like the xenia but holy crap it has taken over over half of my 4ft tank and i remove tons of it every month

I had a xenia problem in my 240 too. I started with one little stalk and it eventually took over 1/3 of the tank. That is part of the reason why I ended up having to boil 600 lbs of live rock on my stove!

...I am not a fan of xenia either.

He's a look at the anthelia problem I had 5-6 yrs ago. Even tho I have it 99% confined to my back glass now, there are still some small patches spread throughout the tank.

This is what i started with on 5-2004
anthelia-5_04.jpg

A year later....
anthelia-9_05med.jpg

I had a blue spotted puffer (before my nitrates killed it) and it actually ate all of me xenia down to the base. Now it has doubled and is growing back less than 3 months later. I think it is really nice looking...especially under nice actnic lighting, the greens really pop out! I have it confined to a rock island.

My tiny peice has moved itself and seems to be settled now. It's amazing how much you can learn just from watching and waiting. I hope it grows! From these posts I expect it will. It's lovely. Thanks for your replies.
Janet

Back