2.5g Office Pico

Ya the rapid are very nice im planning on getting my retrofit very soon, been doing my research. With the dimmable driver they need to be used with a controller, i have the RKL right now and plan on using that with the ALC module for the dimmer. just an FYI u can do that or Apex.

Yeah it's actually cheaper on their website to get everything separately instead of buying one of the premade retrofit kits for the nano and you get the opportunity to customize the lights exactly how you want. I'm going to try 2 cool white, 2 royal blue, 1 blue and 1 red.

I finished the rest of my stand/canopy today. I also seem to be getting pretty good growth on the Kenya Tree and a few more polyps have appeared.

Progress on stand.
photo1-4.jpg

Finished on the aquarium.
photo2-3.jpg

photo8.jpg

Kenya Tree has doubled in 10 days.
photo3-4.jpg

Two small orange zoanthid polyps have appeared on my good live rock.
photo4-4.jpg

photo5-1.jpg

Literally counting down the days until I get my new lights. I think in the mean time I'm going to put a small pc fan in the side of the canopy because I'm starting to see a slight increase in temp. So hopefully I can keep that from getting out of control. Other than that I am very excited with how everything is already maturing. I'm seeing coraline spread to my other rocks and everything is alive and "thriving" so far! :Cheers:

Very nice little tank! It looks so clean and professional with the little stand and canopy :) I agree with the Kenya tree. Keep an eye on it. Before you know it would will have a little Kenya farm.

New Lights!!

So my order finally came in from RapidLED and I am a little upset with my color choice but very happy with their products so far.

I got 6 LEDs with individual heatsinks, 80 degree lenses, and a dimmable driver.
photo1-5.jpg

photo2-4.jpg

photo3-5.jpg

photo4-5.jpg

I had to throw in a shirt as well.
photo5-2.jpg

Testing out the LEDs
photo6-1.jpg

I put two 60mm fans with fan guards in the canopy.
photo7-1.jpg

I also just went ahead and put the driver and potentiometer on the top of the canopy and I moved my picotope pc light over my little HOB fuge with Chaeto in it.
photo10.jpg

Before I added the lenses I was losing light all over the place but the colors blended together much better.
photo9.jpg

photo12.jpg

I went ahead and added the lenses with 80 degree optics.
photo15.jpg

I'm unhappy with how much green the green light puts into the tank so I just ordered another blue to replace it. I thought I was going to get away with one just to add a little more diversity to the spectrum but it didn't really work out. So I will have 2 Royal Blue, 2 Blue, and 2 Cool White when I'm done. My only complaint is that it almost looks like I have 6 spot lights instead of 1 light on the tank. I think it's because the canopy is pretty short and the lights are prettly close to the tank. I hope my corals will respond though becauase I added some red mushrooms, green zoos, green star polyps and an orange ricordia. Hopefully they'll open up for some pictures today.

I've made a few changes to the setup. I've added a diy ATO that seems to be working great. I took the damsel back to the LFS cause I couldn't keep my Nitrates down and added an emerald crab as well.

Found a float on ebay for $2.85 and just molded my own acrylic hanger.
photo1-7.jpg

Mounted nicely in the back corner.
photo2-6.jpg

Overhead of float and return line.
photo5-4.jpg

4 gallon reservoir underneath the tank.
photo6-3.jpg

I used the pvc to keep the water line at the bottom of the reservoir and wired the float directly into a aqua lifter pump.
photo8-2.jpg

Zoas are doing good.
photo3-6.jpg

I've been trimming the Kenya Tree down when it gets too big.
photo2-5.jpg

I know I really wish I would have before I put it in. Not only to blend in but also to help keep algae from growing inside and on the switch. I might make another holder and paint it that way I can just do a quick swap instead of taking it out and going a day without it.

This is a sweet build! I would take out the PVC and just clamp the tubing right onto the side of the bin though, for le aesthetics :p

The pvc doesn't bother me and it's inside of a cabinet so you would never know it was there. I just wanted to make sure the tube stayed at the bottom of the tub instead of floating to the top.

Back